COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wombat1940

Arma2-OA a multiplay connection problem.

Neph and I spent some considerable time trying to connect me (on my Nootbook) to MP with him acting as host. Disappointingly we were unsucessfully dispite many checks and adjustments. This is annoying as it is a simple matter to connect when I'm using my PC all with the same settings.. Does the Notebook and Arma have problems with Win8, slow connection speed when compared with the PC, the Notebook's Router ....... ?

It particularly annoying as its fine for TAW2.0 MP. :angry:

Any ideas or am I to be confined to SP Arma2 on my Notebook? :(

Neph and I spent some considerable time trying to connect me (on my Nootbook) to MP with him acting as host. Disappointingly we were unsucessfully dispite many checks and adjustments. This is annoying as it is a simple matter to connect when I'm using my PC all with the same settings.. Does the Notebook and Arma have problems with Win8, slow connection speed when compared with the PC, the Notebook's Router ....... ?

It particularly annoying as its fine for TAW2.0 MP. :angry:

Any ideas or am I to be confined to SP Arma2 on my Notebook? :(

Its working in MP! :thumbsup: The problem was that I didn't have Arma2 and Arma2 - OA installed properly. They need to be installed in the same folder. Not their own folders. :( If they are installed in the same folder (which is the default install option anyway) your shortcut becomes "Ärma2 Combined Operations" rather than "Arma2 - Operation Arrowhead". And MP sees these as different. Naturally .......... ye? ........... not to dumbos like me. :rolleyes:

Glad you got it sorted WomBat..

Thanks. Now to train and come up to speed for MP. I'm staying out of the air (chopper's, a-10's, etc). I've got TAW2.0 for that. And who wants to fly without a 'stick. I'm staying in the Army, Although you need to learn how to drive things: Hummers, Tanks, Shilkas, etc. However I find the Commander role hard. Particularly when there's a group of mobiles that you're in control of. Sometimes they won't follow me, I can't always get in, or change vehicles. Need some one on one MP coaching. Wonder who I can get to do that with ............................. ? I'm on TS3 now .................. :rofl: