COMBATSIM Forum
Wombat1940

Wombat joins Arma2 - OA

Wombat, that message is telling you that you need the ACE module addon. So, forget that particular mission as we aren't using ACE at this time.

Regards,

Wingy

Wombat, that message is telling you that you need the ACE module addon. So, forget that particular mission as we aren't using ACE at this time.

Regards,

Wingy

Both messages come up when loading Arma2-CO. So assume it must be linked to a particular Addon or Addons that I've installed which requires the ACE module addon. I might try (shouldn't be hard) to track down the offending Addon or Addons. Thanks mate. :thumbsup:

WingNuts, on 29 March 2013 - 04:41 PM, said: Wombat, that message is telling you that you need the ACE module addon. So, forget that particular mission as we aren't using ACE at this time.

Regards,

Wingy

Both messages come up when loading Arma2-CO. So assume it must be linked to a particular Addon or Addons that I've installed which requires the ACE module addon. I might try (shouldn't be hard) to track down the offending Addon or Addons. Thanks mate.

Deactivated @CBS_CO. Requires 'community configuration project' addon

Deactivated @RH MGS weapon pack. Requires 'ace_sys_attachments' addon

Thanks again Wingy. :thumbsup:

Did a bit of multiplay flying with Eugene, Kramer and Wingy yesterday. I'm slowly getting the idea, but its really just by "learning on the job" which must be frustrating for other players as my contribution is minimal. There isn't time, as a relative newbie, to question things as everybody is focused on staying alive. I eventually ran out of lives and finish up as a 3rd person observer. However I found you could "3rd person watch" all participants including the enemy. You can cycle through each participant. You can also bring up a small map overlay which is zoomable and moveable. It also shows the location of the particular participant you are focusing on, including their location as it follows their movement. When you first "scan" the map it shows every participant, good and bad, including their location. However after about 5 sec only the participant you are focusing on remains on the map. To re-show all participants, its just a matter of re-scanning. However every participant, good and bad, is only shown as a green dots. Eugene, Wingy were in a building but I could see 4 green dots in the building. The other 2 were the enemy.

[i can only replicate this 3rd person option in Multiplay. It doesn't see to work in single play or single play/multiplay. Maybe because I have to "Host" the game.]

I'm suggesting this could be a very useful option for new players seeking training tips from the experts. I "followed" both Wingy and Eugene during the same mission and learned many tip and tricks just watching them in action.

I'll post some screenshots here shortly to explain better what the 3rd person option shows and offers. Just need to get involved in another multiplay session first.

Wombat, your coming along just fine. If your like me it takes multiple exposure to make me remember. As in real life muscle memory,

Wingy

@Neph

Rather than saying "I'm in square with 008 - 043 coordinates on the map"; I'd rather be more specific and say "I'm at 0086 - 0437 coordinates" where the xxx6 and yyy7 are visual estimates. To say I'm at 00867 - 04389 (the third location) is being a little too specific. :P

cood_zps3b95818c.jpg

I've been trying to download CAA1.7z and after two linking dead ends, found a 1.7Gb file and began download. After an hour It got to 0.445Gb and then it just stopped. I need the file to install Sahrani Is. which is being used in MP sessions to which I make casual visits. However I find the whole process frustrating and very unrewarding. I feel I'm going down the same path that I went down in regard to DCS. DCS is now uninstalled. Arma 2 is about to go the same way. My time can be spent more productively elsewhere.