COMBATSIM Forum
The_Nephilim

Nephilims Virtual Pit..

That's a beautiful rig, and your wire clean-up is great. Haven't checked to see if the grommets can be bought from the case mfgs.

Surely somebody sells them. Will check the local Fry's store. They seem to be similar cutouts to the Corsair's case.

Hey Thnx Fittop. I really like your new rig it is definitely a nice one very clean and neat and looks cool and good hardware.. The SSD is OK The best benefit especially someone like me who is always modding or changing settings reinstalling drivers is that the Boot time are Drastically Shortened.. Load times in some games are shortened as well.. They are good but I would like to see some 1 TB Drives and in the Price range of the HDD's ;)

OK it is all clear to me know.. If I can NOT find a DVI-D to VGA Converter @120hz I will need to get a 2nd video card and a display port to VGA Active converter..

Here is the chart with a 2nd vid card. I can use the 2 DVI-I connectors and a display port if I can not find a DVI-D to VGA Converter..

Kinda stinks but guess that is the way they designed the card.. I wish they would have used a 2nd DVI-I slot on the 1 card..

pstv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OK Guys I found a workaround but need some End user help.. I need to find a Video card in the 4xx series and up that have 2 DVI-I connectors on it.. I know for a FACT the 480GTX does which other cards do this.. It seems in the light of the digital age they are omitting the DVI-I connectors and replacing them with a DVI-D connector which I can NOT use.. So here is a Picture of what the different DVI Connectors look like can you please look on your nVida card and report here what it uses. https://www.google.com/search?q=dvi&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=qxkUUtf8JOTYyAHclYCQDA&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=632. Just to Verify I need 2 DVI-I Dual Link connectors on 1 Video card

Well I found My Fix for my Connection trouble. I need to get a nVida 590GTX video card.. They have the Correct Connectors I need and should have plenty of horsepower still to play my sims I play.. Does anyone have a spare 590 GTX lying around. I have a 660 GTX we can trade and maybe a little cash??

Are you sure you want a GTX590? It has twin GPUs in SLI mode, and while I've never had trouble with mine, they don't have a very good reputation for reliability. I don't overclock though.

Are you sure you want a GTX590? It has twin GPUs in SLI mode, and while I've never had trouble with mine, they don't have a very good reputation for reliability. I don't overclock though.

What do you mean for reliability?? they are POS?? Please elaborate.

Hey Mike I see the older ones coming up with some problems.. it appears the "Newer" 590GTX with the 3GB Was fixed ;)

Ah, Ok. I bought one anyway.

I bought the 590 to upgrade an older PC, but ended up buying a new PC anyway. The new PC had a GTX580 fitted, so I put the GTX590 in it instead. I did consider leaving the 580 in as well (for PhysX, CUDA etc) but didn't think the PSU could handle it.

This doesn't help you though, as the only card I have lying around is the GTX580.

Ah, Ok. I bought one anyway.

I bought the 590 to upgrade an older PC, but ended up buying a new PC anyway. The new PC had a GTX580 fitted, so I put the GTX590 in it instead. I did consider leaving the 580 in as well (for PhysX, CUDA etc) but didn't think the PSU could handle it.

This doesn't help you though, as the only card I have lying around is the GTX580.

WEll it may help me what is the amoung of vRam on that board?? do you have the model number and make??

Only 1.5GB of RAM...and I think it's this one.

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ENGTX580_DCII2DIS1536MD5/

Hey, guys! I've been following the thread and could sure use an updated card (at a good price!) if Neph doesn't need it. Mikew, let me know if it's available later, OK? Where do you live BTW?

Hey, guys! I've been following the thread and could sure use an updated card (at a good price!) if Neph doesn't need it. Mikew, let me know if it's available later, OK? Where do you live BTW?

No I Don't need this card I have to find a 590GTX ;)

Well I found and received my 590GTX in the mail today.. I hastily pit it in and fired it up and voila worked like a charm.. It was in very good condition so I don't think the card was too abused thnx the stars..

I did get my new Bulb I ordered to but when I opened it up it was completely smashed like someone through it into a brick wall or something.. Really sucked..

I did get my money refunded but Tomorrow I am going to try and a replacement bulb, I found some barre bulbs for sale so I will try that and see if they ship it in a beefier box packaging..

Looking to play some games with the new video card perhaps I'll fire up DCSW!!

Well Turns out it was the old Bulb that was dead not the Projector.. I installed the new bulb and Voila it is working now. I played some SWTOR and it looked great again in 3D.. ;)

Oh here is a picture of the 590GTX :

iyn7.jpg

Good for you, Neph! :thumbsup:

No luck at Frys on the grommets for the HAF 932, but I will be going to a couple of local shops when I get back.

Just in case, how many of which size do you need?

Well a Small Update.. I mounted the tracker behind me underneath my Projectors it is now fully functional.. I just need to tweak a profile to my liking and figure out my geometry alignment problems with the projectors and I will be golden

OK, I need to connect up my newly arrived 3D Vision kit to see if I get the same effect.

OOOOOHHH Tell me more you going 3D on me?? Cool I want details and pics Please.. I think you are going to like it try DCSW!! TAW works in 3D you just need to use the dgvoodoo wrapper with v1.3 of SweetFX..

Not much worthy of a picture as I only have a 24" monitor capable of 3D.

The Nvidia demos look great but DCS A-10C not so much. I haven't tried much else yet.

I did try EF2000, but could not reproduce your problem with stutterin....and the light on the 3D Vision pyramid thing doesn't activate.

The chances of getting EF2000 to work in 3D look bleak right now as there appears to be no way to get 3D Vision to work with OpenGL on a GeForce GFX card.

Well there is a way to get OpenGL working with GeForce Cards.. have a look into Doom3 BFG Edition.. they did it there.. I forget how but it is possible but maybe not without the code ;)

What is wrong with A10C?? I use it and it looks very good..