COMBATSIM Forum
The_Nephilim

Nephilims Virtual Pit..

OK, thanks. I've found some discussions of OpenGL and 3D Vision which show that it's theoretically possible.

I see some 3D effect with A10C, but nothing I'd regard as good.

I'm not a huge fan of the DCS series though. I can't generally be bothered waiting for it to start up.

Nvidia seems to realise that it can do 3D with A10C, despite the game not being written for it??

Any idea why TFXplorer doesn't trigger 3D in the same way? I thought anything D3D9 or later should be automatically detected.

Well Like I said TAW ONLY works in 3D ONLY when you use the glide wrapper and SweetFX..

Here are some videos of my Virtual Simulator in action:

Well after all my toiling with the TerackIR I finally had the aha moment. Well I first tried turning off Trueview and went in the game and was like WOW this is how I imagined it would be.. After it being to sensitive to head motion

IT finally is responding like I wanted it too.. Little slower but still responsive and not as sensitive to head movement..

Well Finally I can Put The_Nephilims Stamp of Approval on this device, IF you are on the Fence well it is time to get OFF andf get in the mix.. This thing is just too cool..

Good deal!

BTW, the TrackIR has had the Home Fries Stamp of Approval since TrackIR 3 came out! ;)

Well I damn near had almost given up hope of having it function like I had imagined it would.. Once I turned OFF TrueView and went ingame I was like Yes this is how I imagined it would work..

I will continue to tweak my profile and need to make a few more for TAW,EF2000.. since they are single screen I may just modify your Existing Profiles.. I think the one I have will be my goto one for all my sims..

Now I just need to mod my Pro clip thingie to keep from falling off, real crappy design on the clip part.. :(

What's wrong with the clip? I know it's not the most bulletproof design, but it works well on a conventional headset.

The Actual Clip that holds it together is not the best design and sometimes comesloose. I am going to do what Wingnuts did and drill a hole in it and put a bolt through it..

Bloody Hell!!! :whoa: No wonder you can look after me when I'm your TAW2.0 wingman! Is that a DCS or Falcon video clip?

C'mon, Wombat. That's the new FC3 Su-27 cockpit in DCS World. :lol:

EDIT: Sporting the Black Veal Squadron skin, I might add. :icon_rock: Also, notice who is now running with TrackIR!

Edited by Home Fries

C'mon, Wombat. That's the new FC3 Su-27 cockpit in DCS World. :lol:

EDIT: Sporting the Black Veal Squadron skin, I might add. :icon_rock: Also, notice who is now running with TrackIR!

:lol: Just not familiar with the 'pit (apart from the F22 and F16 .....). And it did have my favourite Raptor BVS skin. ;) Ye ...... I'd read his post about his TIR5. I don't think Neph new how good it was before he bought it. Not like some, I have to put up with a single 21" screen and TIR3. :help::lol:

:lol: Just not familiar with the 'pit (apart from the F22 and F16 .....). And it did have my favourite Raptor BVS skin. ;) Ye ...... I'd read his post about his TIR5. I don't think Neph new how good it was before he bought it. Not like some, I have to put up with a single 21" screen and TIR3. :help::lol:

@ Neph

Turn those bloody labels off .......... THAT"S CHEATING! :rofl:

In all seriousness ....... your stick looks a far less sensitive than mine. Must make it easier for refueling and A-A cannon shots.

@ Neph

Turn those bloody labels off .......... THAT"S CHEATING! :rofl:

In all seriousness ....... your stick looks a far less sensitive than mine. Must make it easier for refueling and A-A cannon shots.

Yes Labels are nice.. WEll as they say WomBat it is NOt the plane but the man flying it.. So basically it is not the sensitivity of the stick just the way I finesse it . ;)

Yes Labels are nice.. WEll as they say WomBat it is NOt the plane but the man flying it.. So basically it is not the sensitivity of the stick just the way I finesse it . ;)

Ye ....... a good tradie never blames his tools. ;)

@Wombat,

In truth, it's probably just as sensitive, but with a big bird like the Su-27 you tend to use full deflection for a quick roll rate. You just don't have to do it for very long.

On a similar note, you can adjust your controller curves in DCS to make the center less sensitive and the extremes more sensitive. With the exception of the rudder pedals (because the CH are very sensitive), I only recommend doing this for aircraft using the simplified flight model (i.e. FC3 aircraft that are not the A-10A or Su-25/25T). For aircraft using the advanced flight model, set those curves to 0 and keep a light touch on the stick.

I finally planned out my Screen mount. I am going to use 1"x1" steel tubes and some round stock for height and it will come apart..

I made a little sketcup drawing if you want to see it let me know ill put it on the box..

Thank you, but I'd rather see when its built.

Well I will take some before , during and after Screenshots perhaps a video of me welding it up ;)

Curious, Neph. Did you use the TripleHead2Go EXE for the TAW video? I thought I had a different HUD with that to get everything on the center screen.

Curious, Neph. Did you use the TripleHead2Go EXE for the TAW video? I thought I had a different HUD with that to get everything on the center screen.

Duh, I forgot to enable the Triplehead .exe.. I will make a new video soon..