Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for Cougar and Warthog with MFDs

64 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Version 1.70 is available.

Thank you everybody for funding my Warthog purchase so that I could create this profile.  Since my funding goal has been achieved, please send any future donations to  Fisher House, a charity that supports disabled veterans and their families.  Exception: if you want me to program for a module I don't have, or add programming for the TFRP, please PM me and we can discuss it.

DCS World TARGET Script for Thrustmaster Cougar or Warthog and MFDs is now available.  Download it from:

This script for the HOTAS Cougar/Warthog and Cougar MFDs includes dedicated profiles for the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, P-51D Mustang, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8 Hip, F-86 Sabre, Fw-190D9 Dora, Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst, MiG-21bis Fishbed, MiG-15bis, M-2000C, SA-342 Gazelle, L-39 Albatross, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, Hawk T.1A, C-101, and Flaming Cliffs 3 profiles.  The script is fully implemented with both code and custom keyboard and joystick LUA files. The included "Standard DirectX" profile can me used to create a versatile profile for anything else.

This script uses TARGET, so you need to install it (though Cougar users can leave Foxy where it is).  I also recommend the latest   MFD Drivers, as I have found fewer profile crashes with these enabled.

The script offers the following features:

• Both HOTAS Cougar and Warthog Compatibility
  • CommState routine allows for the selection of F1 through F12 keys with Hats 2-4 while the MIC switch is pressed
  • Hot-selectable “TriggerZoom” allows you to zoom into your target or HUD when depressing the first trigger stage
  • LED indications for airbrake, landing gear, TriggerZoom, CommState, and Teamspeak3 PTT
  • Compatible with TouchControl (formerly TouchIR), VAC, DCS Simpleradio Standalone, and all major Teamspeak radio solutions
  • Optimized for TrackIR, but compatible with Hat1 as POV
  • Individual HOTAS profiles are mapped as closely to their real world counterparts as practical
  • Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) HOTAS mappings correlate to the A-10C (attack aircraft) or F-16C (fighters) as closely as practical
  • FC3 Context Sensitive Autopilot routine that reverts to last used mode on toggle
  • A-10C Profile includes direct entry for CDU, CMSP, and UFC
  • Ka-50 Profile allows direct entry for ABRIS (RMFD) and Rubicon Datapad
  • Ability to automatically pause TrackIR while at the Door Gunner Station (UH-1)
  • Context sensitive communications menus based on crew station (framework in place for DCS implementation)
  • TARGET based Central Position Trimmer Mode that greatly improves upon the default trimmers when not using force feedback.
  • Analog and digital differential braking routines, including paddle braking and nosewheel steering.
  • Kneeboard mapping for all aircraft.
  • NVGs for all capable aircraft, including "bonus mapping for the A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, and F-86 (H/T Zaelu).
  • Simplified hot-selection of aircraft allows for potentially thousands of aircraft and variants in this script, along with audial feedback of aircraft selected.

Note: As of version 1.50 of this script, the documentation has been split into the Setup Guide, User Reference, and Advanced Configuration Guide.  As large and complex as this script is, the separation of manuals should help you quickly find what information you need.

Here are the Warthog and MFD mappings for each aircraft (HOTAS Cougar mapping available in download):

Flaming Cliffs 3 (includes the Su-25T included in DCS World):
    y3m7LoKl3wuC0vvS84AU6b51MzJKkaWk6hUOGJ91

y3mz2P48g8BZEqhOuFUVKx_uRPD9Kpq1RUSUIBJm

A-10C Warthog:
  y3mtECCGYUAMq6exw2U6sFct9U4k-mo2PfhuwXc5

Note: the following functionality is in addition to the standard MFD functionality.
  y3mMdBbWgD7PEe_xRqTK4_yk5Y_a22M344Y7b5WS

Direct Entry mode for the CDU:
  y3m9ZcEsoxHc_gkIkf6A4E3qDeYb7d-8LfyLgrtx

Ka-50 Black Shark:
  y3mrCJ24wkXJ13L6hq3-KsdAHlMAZQ2XKTlHmn5c

y3mYg11MsCV_afXV3UBpGezrGCsGOrYHU0HU-SIG

Direct Entry mode for the Rubicon Datapad
  y3mHCDNs8Z9mSZRfprjJaTUdEFJnkPcsjWi1M8gL

P-51D Mustang:
  y3mF_FOJgLnVnYuE1LSr0DcxpmWYGvDLcLae2iEG

y3mA5iROqdOZkgpa4LIyd8KZ7NZRTaPOWbvuv4fL

UH-1H Huey:
  y3mMjI1UhR2hN2E90pgBvs7KcctxH88UcRNBP3GX

y3mf3Ng_LUDR9pa4yb-JcUj2xwla3sZHmOtYI0sS

Mi-8MTV2 Hip (work in progress):
    y3mUUEE9VGvZWQwNABlsytO3kADSKaWwMKhAqmoV

y3msOXvoevDn4tcyN0JuQi39Nlteotq5B0bwhuiv

F-86 Sabre:
y3mWgqFiH1jZNQ6RAXu4_OPmNFpc6AhnmPz24YJr

y3mTsRj_dUKO3mtwCB9UzaR16KbaYIjJpfcNWe8v

Fw-190D9 Dora:
y3mE_mmYmyObJP685qGrj7a0-jNubmsuuJyzGX7L

y3mlTmVpVBkGpXli7P3dXSbUZ5CLUFWfxu4rCpKb

Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst:
y3mwe9CNSeZDrMFYsqCjx0uHuurTrVG2EzfhatAN

y3moI-ncRmc1fea2ZqfpdMzMl5NkrDAvTaRTm8do

MiG-21bis Fishbed N:
y3mryXU-HWZ8-G4DC8lixKvRtIxO0Gh8Cp1P7shn

y3mNURbydupAD6K4R29S5fOjCYMpgV-LnA6P0nGV

MiG-15bis:
y3mzTPLUjyJigJ8wXc5gDuLQYhRaKGM1AH4qbeVb

y3melj0sK1N_6UMViIeS8KRE8bWTIyet7EWU0Agl

L-39 Albatross:
  y3mJhoHrxRF-wL5381FXReclDkR8Ctyk4J6ZbojT  

y3mqliMXI9g6X6rtstu36wL8wWffqhQzOsTPpnRr 

M-2000C:
y3mS1l6aDGbCnzjoQrL6BHcRsQprbazPl2AbU4vj

y3mRTupDGf_u0M7JYIfZggNl94pc0uzyOsXLAPp8

M-2000C INS Direct Entry
y3mLv7Q285wQdfFAGmjQgR0tvamVD7HyBbAL3Umt

SA-342 Gazelle
y3mkOpf2AYGYo15hhZMIb3py-xk-KYMzD54ePpZQ

y3mjLc6Q85SJqISQVgS_6Ups96J8AjKKLfDAKVIE

SA342 NADIR Mappings:
y3m8qVKNnjgh8_Zrz-yFAySZ8ydOvhQgLeXjVEBZ

F-5E Tiger II
y3mWIBF27A6BYlwnLV6Ut-f3hk1Zs9-gI_Fb_Hld

y3mWtxvmcLFYf9gW52krJxfUQFKafeiW1z6t_P26

Spitfire LF Mk. IX
y3m9SDzVxDrdTi8_m2zWqH1ie7QG9BfHflilZzGA

y3mooyfkqlaHvznCGp-6WcZlLsC4fFiiKJNEF6Ro

AJS-37 Viggen:

y3mbjShr4fl4PUgMUJ75HS2WLkF6t6DsVn-ZCUYF

y4mc-aUVQkAHUc9sTgVqlSe7_jKyJNwGfaejJ-Ui

Hawk T.1A (basic functionality only; uses Standard DX Profile):
DCS%20Hawk%20HOTAS.jpg

And here's the mapping for the DirectX profile. Note the /C indicators for CommState, which are also present on the other profiles but omitted on the other graphics for space.
  DCS%20DX%20HOTAS.jpg

I look forward to your feedback; any information that will help me improve this profile is greatly appreciated.

Continued from the Foxy thread because this pertains to TARGET:

I was wondering as I am still having trouble switching to BVR Mode, I have to cycle up/down to get into bvr and the up mode.. So If I want to get into BVR I have to cycle up then down??

I am pretty sure there is a flaw so you say you do not have this happen?? IF not what could cause it on my PC?? Perhaps the Modifier is wrong or something??

Does it make a difference if you are starting from the Up position or middle position to go down? In other words, do you have trouble going from middle to BVR, but no problems going from up to BVR?

If this is the case, it may be that you're going into BVR mode, but the radar doesn't turn on automatically (this is an issue with how FC3 implements the radar, and not with the profile). If you go directly into BVR mode, you still need to turn on the radar using the shift H3U/H3D while in BVR mode. I may try to auto-implement something with logic flags later on that can automatically do the radar or EO when going into BVR mode, but not right now.

If the problem is that you're not even going into BVR mode itself, then I need to know exactly how you're doing it (both successes and failures). By this I mean your starting state, whether you "jumped" the switch between U/D or gently cycled through middle, whether you had shift engaged, etc. Also, when it doesn't work I need to know what mode you end up in. I thought I wrote a routine that would prevent Nav mode when "jumping" between up and down, so this troubleshooting is important.

OK it may be that I need to turn the radar on I thought it did that Automatically like when I go up to down??

Nope. Radar is off because this system was originally in place for the MiG-29/Su-27/33, which could select either the radar or EO in BVR mode. Forcing you to turn the radar on allowed for a stealthy BVR approach and prosecution. So you have to manually turn on the radar when you go into BVR mode, and I believe the radar turns off when going into Nav mode.

rgr HomeFries, a thought tho on the use of H2, H3 should we refer to these as what they are in game CMS, TMS & DMS?? I think that would be easier or perhaps a combo of both??

I thought about that, but TMS/DMS/CMS is mainly a F-16/A-10C thing, and while I tried to keep the functions germane to each hat, i did have to do some shoehorning. I list the hats by their name on the graphic with the TMS/DMS/CMS in parentheses, so people who aren't as familiar with the classic Foxy terminology have a crutch.

Bump. Version 0.2 is now up, and has some improvements and significant bug fixes.

bump for 0.23. Incorporates changes made to the A-10A.

bump for version 0.24, which updates the FC3 LUAs to DCS world 1.2.6 and adds some minor functionality for ground attack.

Another bump for the 0.24a hotfix, fixes some LUA assignments for the Su-25A/T.

If you're updating from 0.24, you don't need to update the TARGET profile itself. All you need to do is update the LUA files labeled v024a.

A-10C drivers rejoice. Version 0.35 is released, and now includes a comprehensive A-10C Warthog profile!

HomeFries Hold the Press.. You have a small Problem with the Keyboard Profile for the A-10C. You seemed to have omitted the Right Engine Keypress which is "RIGHT CTRL + HOME"

The LEft engine keypress is Still there just the Right engine Keypress is omitted..

Update to the new A-10C 0.35 keyboard lua and you should be fine. This is actually a bug I caught before release.

Akkk looks like I did forget to do just that.. Thnx again..

Akkk looks like I did forget to do just that.. Thnx again..

Just in time for you to update the file yet again...

Version 0.36 has been uploaded. Version 0.36 fixes a bug that prevents you from hot-swapping aircraft profiles after using the SnapView function, and also allows the Cougar MFD backlighting to match your MFD settings in-game (A-10C).

0.37 is uploaded. Fixes a bug with the MFCD power buttons assigned to the SYM rocker switches on both Cougar MFDs.

If you already have 0.36 and you have tweaked DCS World.tmc to your own ends, then you don't need to replace DCS World.tmc with the one in 0.37. Just update the following line:

int MinorVersion=37;

OK HF's I think there is a problem with the A10C Profile.. I do NOT have any functions for the MFD's, I press them ingame under Options and it just says MFD button 1 or whichever button I press, shouldn't it be a keystroke for the Button presses??

The MFDs don't use keystrokes for the primary functions; every MFD button (except for power) should be a DirectX combination. EDIT: Also note that the default function of the MFD buttons is the MFD buttons themselves; the functions listed on the inserts are when S3 is held down (i.e. "Shifted state").

For NWS, that is only activated with a short press, and the time defaults to 300ms (as opposed to the normal 500ms for a TEMPO command). If it's too quick for you, increase the ModTempo value to your comfort level.

Edited by Home Fries

oh ok thnx again

Bump for 0.41. The Ka-50 has been added.

0.41a is uploaded. 0.41a fixes a bug with the MiG-29 joystick LUA profile. Just update your ingame controller profile for the MiG-29 variants with the new version.

0.50 is uploaded. 0.50 adds a dedicated P-51D profile, makes the controller LUA profiles directly compatible with DCS World 1.2.6 update 4, and fixes minor bugs.

0.51 is uploaded. It fixes a bug with T1 for the P-51D causing issues with other aircraft profiles.

Version 1.00 is released. No longer in beta!

Version 1.10 is released. This release contains updated LUA profiles for DCS World 1.2.7 Update 1, consolidates and remaps much of the FC3 profiles, fixes a minor bug with the UH-1, and adds a Mi-8 profile (work in progress).