COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for Cougar and Warthog with MFDs

HomeFries Bug report .. I found that the Left MFD Button 4 is keyed to button 1.. So when I press MFD #4 it presses #1 instead..

Version 1.24 is released.

Change Log:

• Enhanced Analog Airbrake routine (H/T Nicu) for FC3 (F-15C), DX, and A-10C profiles
  • FC3: Added Fuel Tank Selector and T/O trim to RMFD for F-15C
  • FC3: Updated S3+T1 Long to jettison fuel tanks regardless of dogfight switch position
  • FC3: Added relative microstick axes to dummy axes for Su-25T
  • UH-1: Set Snapviews to shifted H3R/L only (deconflicts with trim)
  • UH-1: Added context sensitive T1/T6 mapping and H1 searchlight
  • UH-1: Swapped mapping of searchlight and landing light
  • UH-1: Replaced RMFD RADALT and CDI OBS functions with electrical panel and radio functions
  • P-51D: Restored X/Y axes to joystick diff.lua file
  • A-10C: Reorganized most of MFD additional (shifted) functions. Added parking brake (T10)

Version 1.26 is released.

Change Log:

• Added TARGET-based Central Position Trimmer Mode (TCPTM)
  • Revised Throttle-based Engine Start (S3 now required) and added Single Engine Option
  • Added flashing LED for Engine Shutdown
  • Added delays to "simultaneous" LED use to minimize profile crashes
  • Fixed ejection routine to prevent TrackIR from pausing after ejection.
  • Ka-50: Enhanced PVI-800 functionality (RMFD) and misc MFD functions.
  • Ka-50: Changed H4LR (Emer AP Discon) to TEMPO Long. Mapped S4 (gear st. up) to Emer AP Discon.
  • Ka-50: Added R-828/ARK-22 to HOTAS and Rotor RPM Warn light to LOSB5 long.
  • Ka-50: Added Engine Start routines when gear state is down
  • P-51D: Enabled T6 for differential wheelbrake (gear state down) and changed WEP to TEMPO Long.

I'm particularly proud of the Target-based Central Position Trimmer mode, which incorporates the advantages of both of the ED trimmer modes and minimizes both of their disadvantages. IMO, this is the best alternative to helicopter trimming short of force feedback. Be sure to read the User Reference for details.

Note: both the Installation Guide and User Reference now have a black line in the margin where contents have been changed since the last public release. You can now browse both manuals to quickly see what has been updated.

hey HomeFries I was testing the Target Profile for the Mig-21 it appeared the Master ARM Button did Nothing ingame?? I heard a click but the Master Arm Button did not move..

I also tested the KA-50 looked fine from what I could see..

Which master arm were you using? There's the one on ROSB16 for missiles, and the Tactical Arming switch (ROSB18) for bombs. BTW, if you want to see if the missile master arm is working, look at the 3rd row down on the right vertical switch panel.

EDIT: and check for a new version; the latest beta is up.

It's a discrete tempo. Long to engage, short to disengage. You're turning it off.

Figured discrete was better than a toggle so you don't have to look at it.

1.29 is Released. The MiG-21 has been added, along with the following changes:

• Forced Fw190 Gear/Flaps to LMFD for realism and functionality
  • Tied Digital Throttle sectors to ThrottleMin and IdleDetent values
  • Added "Binary-Discrete" airbrake type for use with MiG-21
  • Fixed padlock bug with non-TIR Hat1 (H/T cake_o_fruits)
  • Fixed bug with Ka-50 Microstick Offset affecting XM60 control in the UH-1
  • Changed Microstick_Offset to apply to all aircraft and added Helo_Microstick_Offset for the reverse throttle

1.30 is released. 1.30 makes minor changes to the MFDs for use with the Su-27 PFM and Electrical Power for all FC3 aircraft, and fixes a bug when using FC3 with Aries Radio.

1.31 is released. Fixes include an init bug in FC3 and fixing the searchlight X axis in the Mi-8. Additionally, enhancements have been made to the Mi-8 profile (autopilot in particular).

Also added are the Bf-109K-4 and a very basic Hawk T.1A profile.

There's an updated diff.lua file for the Mi-8 joystick configuration. It fixes an issue with being able to toggle the radio/ICS switch with S3+LOSB11.

Version 1.33 is released. 1.33 fixes a few bugs, enhances the MiG-21 and F-86, and adds the option for analog braking using the cougar stick.

And remember, if you want an in depth profile like this for the Warthog, please donate using the link in the OP.

1.33a is uploaded. 1.33a is a hotfix that reintroduces Kneeboard controls to the LMFD Gain rocker and OSB20 for the Bf-109 and FC3 aircraft (including the Su-25T). Somehow these mappings were deleted with the 1.2.16 patch and I didn't catch it at the time of release.

You can either download 1.33a as a whole, or you can download the hotfix (linked at the top of the original post) and then install the updated diff.lua files.

1.34 is uploaded. 1.34 adds the MiG-15, and enhances the Standard DX profile for the Hawk and C-101 (including trim!).

Due to Real LifeTM, I have only been able to perform cursory internal testing on this build. Please report any bugs or recommended changes (especially for the Hawk/C-101) so that I can improve the next version.

HomeFries I think I found a bug. On line 212 Helo_Throttle_rev it says it is only supposed to reverse the Collective in the Helicopters but it reverses all the planes.. I just tried flying the F-15 and SU-27 and both of those throttles where reversed..

So if line 212 is supposed to be ONLY for Helicopters it is not functioning as it should.. I was even fling the Huey tonight and altho I had it selected to reverse the Collective it was not in the HUEY so it appears broke..

Neph, I can't duplicate that error. With Helo_Throttle_Rev = 1, I set FC3 as the default profile to load, tested the axis in device manager, then selected the UH-1 and got the opposite response.

I was under the impression that you had Helo_Throttle_Rev = 0 because you liked a "normal" throttle for the helicopter. Are you saying that if Helo_Throttle_Rev = 0 then all throttle axes are reversed?

yes it reverses the collective in the helo but also in other planes is what I am telling you ;)

I set Helo_Throttle_Rev = 0 and tested it as I described in my previous post, and the axes acted as they should. I also verified the code and it only checks to reverse the axis if the module selected is a helicopter; for fixed wing it always sets AXIS_NORMAL regardless of your Helo_Throttle_Rev setting.

Please check your CPP to make sure the throttle axis isn't reversed before TARGET is even applied, and then run an EF2000 quick mission with the DCS profile loaded and see if the throttle is forward or reversed (this doesn't seem to make sense, but it takes DCS itself out of the testing variables).

Version 1.35 is released.

Change Log:

• FC3: Fixed issue with DirectX PTT with CommState and Aries Radio disabled
  • F-86: Added default Brake Out indication if GearState Down (for cold start)
  • Added Left/Right axis only combined braking algorithm to DiffBraking() for Bf-109
  • Ka-50: Added numeric keypad direct entry for PVI-800. Updated Rotor Brake macro for 1.2.14+.
  • Ka-50: Added ability to reset trim forward of default (i.e. Hover Trim)
  • A-10C: Added direct entry for UFC without S3 (including numeric keypad). Updated A-10C CDU Direct Entry mode to deconflict with TS3_DX PTT.

The 1.35a hotfix is released. This fixes bugs with the FC3/Su-25T Kneeboard mapping.

EDIT: if you downloaded the file named "TARGET F-15C v135a.7z", please redownload the hotfix. It should read "TARGET FC3 v135a.7z".

Edited by Home Fries