COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for Cougar and Warthog with MFDs

1.36 is released. This will be the last major release exclusively for the Cougar. All follow-on releases will include Warthog functionality as well.

1.50 is Released!

This is a major update that adds Thrustmaster Warthog compatibility to the profile, and also adds the Mirage 2000C.

Version 1.51 is released.

This version adds the SA-342 Gazelle and fixes a bug with the Cougar ANT_ELEV knob not working when USB rudders are used.

Version 1.60 is released!

You need to have the latest version of TARGET (v3.0.16.520). With the new aircraft selection, be sure to read the User Reference (starting page 61) as well as the Setup Guide regarding DCS_UserSettings.tmm.

I'm looking for feedback on this; I think you'll like it, but I'm open to suggestions.

Finally, if anybody has the new TFRP Rudder Pedals, they are excluded from the profile by desig (you get more axes as a result). There is only one reason to add the TFRPs to the profile, and that is for people who use rudder trim with the TCPTM (at the expense of totally independent toe brakes). However, if there is enough interest I will add the option.

Folks,

In polishing the Gazelle profile, I would like to make the number keys (both numeric keypad and top of the keyboard) as direct entry keys for the NADIR and the UHF radio. The idea is that simply pressing the number key (or holding S3 while pressing the number key) will directly press the button on either the NADIR or UHF, just like how the A-10C UFC and the Ka-50 PVI-800 works now.

Here's the problem: 1 and 2 default to swtiching seats. I already have the seat swap mapped to the hat switch, but I don't like to change default mappings if I don't have to, especially for something like this.

So here are the options I can think of:

• Use number keys for NADIR and S3+number keys for UHF and just use hat for seat swap
  • Use number keys for NADIR and S3+number keys for UHF and remap seat swap to other keys
  • leave default 1-2 for seat swap and make S3+number keys NADIR and S3+numeric keypad UHF radio

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Finally, I'm having a tough time figuring out how best to map the non-numeric NADIR keys. I've tried something with the numeric keypad and the LMFD, but it just doesn't seem intuitive. I'm open to suggestions here as well.

EDIT: Here's the NADIR layout right now; any advice is welcome.
  SA342%20NADIR%20Keypad.jpg 

Edited by Home Fries
added graphic

Version 1.62 is released for use with DCS World 1.5.4.  1.62 adds the L variant of the SA342 Gazelle, as well as new features with the M-2000C. 

Also expanded in 1.62 is the dynamic backlighting.  This is strictly cosmetic, but adds immersion.  For example, switching on electrical power in FC3 aircraft using the APU switch on the Warthog Throttle will cycle the MFD and Throttle backlighting from off/minimal to on, as will applying battery power in the M-2000C by using RBRT.  Most of the backlighting options are disabled by default, but I encourage you to enable them and try them out.

Also, just to reiterate, I'm still hoping to receive suggestions on how you would like the NADIR mapped on both the keyboard and MFD for the Gazelle.  Please don't be shy.

Version 1.63 is released.  1.63 adds the F-5E Tiger II and fixes some issues with the MIG-21 due to the module's recent change to toggle functions.

Version 1.63 is released.  1.63 adds the F-5E Tiger II and fixes some issues with the MIG-21 due to the module's recent change to toggle functions.

Version 1.64 is released.  1.64 adds multicrew capability to the SA342 Gazelle and completes the Gazelle profile to include UHF and NADIR direct entry.  Additionally, 1.64 updates the changes in mappings with the M-2000C.

Version 1.64 also adds compatibility for DCS SimpleRadio Standalone, to include intercom mapping for the Gazelle and L-39 Albatross.

Of note, the NADIR and UHF direct entry mapping in the Gazelle necessitated that I remove the default use of "1" and "2" to change seats.  You must now use S3+Hat1 Long to change seats, as "1" and "2" are now used for the NADIR keypad.

1.65 is out.  1.65 adds INS direct entry functionality to the M-2000C and fixes a CommState bug with the Cougar.

Here's a Direct Entry teaser:
DCS%20M2000%20INS.jpg

Version 1.66 is released. In addition to the Spitfire, v1.66 fixes a number of bugs, improves the M-2000C based on the latest avionics updates, and improves the FC3 autopilot logic (Warthog only).

Version 1.67 is released.  V1.67 adds the AJS-37 Viggen to the list of selectable profiles.  DCS World 1.5.6 (currently OpenBeta) is required to fly the Viggen, but the profile is otherwise fully compatible with DCS World 1.5.5.

Version 1.68 is out.  1.68 adds basic VR capability (mouse buttons to POV hat), enables optional use of the Warthog afterburner detent, and fixes some bugs (including the gear transition bug in the AJS-37 that could crash the profile).

At long last, 1.70 is released. This build incorporates the 1.69 changes and refines the AJS-37 Viggen controls (especially useful with FunkyFranky's switch mod, which is included in the package with permission).

Now I can get back to my Master's thesis and then focus on the Mi-8 and VAC.

EDIT: If you downloaded 1.70 before July 15 and get an error on execution, download the following file and replace your existing version.
 DCS_UserSettings.zip 

Version 1.71 is released.  This build brings the Mi-8 up to the latest command structure, applies the new Mi-8 throttle routines to the Ka-50 (Warthog only), and improves the M-2000C and AJS-37 Viggen.

Version 1.72 is released.  1.72 adds a dedicated Su-33 profile in conjunction with the PFM/Standalone module release.

The 1.72a patch is available.  The patch fixes some Warthog assignment bugs with the M-2000C and updates the audio routine to directly use the EXE instead of a batch file.

The patch can be downloaded from here.

2.0 is finally here!  :thumbsup:

Changes are abundant and really can't be summarized.  Oh, and there's a Harrier profile now! :D

See the original post for details.

4 hours ago, Texas_Rebel said:

IE just deleted my Dl of this file saying there was a virus in it. Strange.

I've seen this with later versions of windows defender.  Since the file was released today it doesn't have a history, and it's not signed either.  The antivirus is likely doing a heuristic filter based on that criteria (or lack thereof).

Along with myself, the guy who wrote the updater contained in the installer is an INFOSEC guy, so we're more diligent than most in terms of filtering malware on our systems (or even exposing ourselves in the first place).  If Defender identifies a particular virus or virus-like activity, please let me know (can't be too careful), but I'm betting that it's entirely a "trust issue."