The Air Dominance Project is proud to announce the release of
Choose a Download Mirror (file size 64Mb):
The heart of EF2000 Reloaded is a special version of DOSBox written by our own mikew1, with 3DFX code optimized for EF2000 and a VFX1 emulation routine that allows the use of TrackIR in Enhanced Mode.
For the first time, you can run EF2000 V2.0 for 3DFX/GFX+ in Windows XP or later, with no graphical artifacts or appreciable slowdown. Additionally, the resolution upscaling addresses the image at the 3DFX polygon level, and not at the output level, making for a much better upscaling experience. Mikew's DOSBox for EF2000 is truly the Holy Grail EF2000 fans have been waiting for!
No Air Dominance Project release is complete without a front end, and EF2000 Reloaded is no exception. EF2000 Reloaded includes a front end/launcher to accompany mikew's DOSBox for EF2000. In addition to taking care of the required DOSBox parameters and providing a GUI to customize your DOSBox Conf file, the EF2000 Launcher adds the following features:
- Supports three separate installs of EF2000 (original DOS, TACTCOM, and GFX+2).
- Integrated multiplayer front end allows hassle free IPX emulation over TCP/IP, with a "phone book" for your friends' IPXNet servers.
- Option to manage separate single player and multiplayer campaigns for each EF2000 install.
- Custom Campaign Creator allows custom scenarios based on the scenarios from Strategic Command for EF2000.
- Basic Campaign Editor allows you to adjust difficulty level, player influence, and player score.
- Includes Super Revive by Brett Luck for in-depth campaign edits.
- EF2000 Reloaded neither includes nor installs EF2000. You are responsible for your own EF2000 procurement and installation. Instructions on installing EF2000 V2 on 64 bit Windows are available.
- Super EF2000 / EF2000 V2.0 for Windows 95 is not supported.
- EF2000 Reloaded requires at least Windows XP SP3.
1 DOSBox 0.74 is an open source program written by Peter "Qbix" Veenstra, Harekiet Sjoerd, Tommy "Franskapet" Frossman, and Ulf "Finster" Wohlers. Mikew's 3DFX code was based on kekko's 3dfx Voodoo patch for DOSBox.
2 TACTCOM and GFX+ are also known as EF2000 V2.0 for DOS and EF2000 V2.0 for 3DFX respectively.
Edited by Home Fries, 23 September 2013 - 02:40 PM.