Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

The Air Dominance Project is proud to announce the release of

EF2000 Reloaded

Choose a Download Mirror (file size 64Mb):

EF2000_Reloaded_104_Installer.exe (GameFront)

EF2000_Reloaded_104_Installer.exe (Box.com)

EF2000_Reloaded_104_Installer.exe (MediaFire)

The heart of EF2000 Reloaded is a special version of DOSBox written by our own mikew1, with 3DFX code optimized for EF2000 and a VFX1 emulation routine that allows the use of TrackIR in Enhanced Mode.

For the first time, you can run EF2000 V2.0 for 3DFX/GFX+ in Windows XP or later, with no graphical artifacts or appreciable slowdown. Additionally, the resolution upscaling addresses the image at the 3DFX polygon level, and not at the output level, making for a much better upscaling experience. Mikew's DOSBox for EF2000 is truly the Holy Grail EF2000 fans have been waiting for!

No Air Dominance Project release is complete without a front end, and EF2000 Reloaded is no exception. EF2000 Reloaded includes a front end/launcher to accompany mikew's DOSBox for EF2000. In addition to taking care of the required DOSBox parameters and providing a GUI to customize your DOSBox Conf file, the EF2000 Launcher adds the following features:

• Supports three separate installs of EF2000 (original DOS, TACTCOM, and GFX+2).
  • Integrated multiplayer front end allows hassle free IPX emulation over TCP/IP, with a "phone book" for your friends' IPXNet servers.
  • Option to manage separate single player and multiplayer campaigns for each EF2000 install.
  • Custom Campaign Creator allows custom scenarios based on the scenarios from Strategic Command for EF2000.
  • Basic Campaign Editor allows you to adjust difficulty level, player influence, and player score.
  • Includes Super Revive by Brett Luck for in-depth campaign edits.

Notes:

• EF2000 Reloaded neither includes nor installs EF2000. You are responsible for your own EF2000 procurement and installation. Instructions on installing EF2000 V2 on 64 bit Windows are available.
  • Super EF2000 / EF2000 V2.0 for Windows 95 is not supported.
  • EF2000 Reloaded requires at least Windows XP SP3.

Known Issues:

If you get the "DLL Location Key not Present" dialog box when running the TrackIR Enabler, select the EF2000 Reloaded shortcut, right click, and select "Run as Administrator".  Likewise, you can set the shortcut to "Run as Administrator" in properties as well.

1 DOSBox 0.74 is an open source program written by Peter "Qbix" Veenstra, Harekiet Sjoerd, Tommy "Franskapet" Frossman, and Ulf "Finster" Wohlers. Mikew's 3DFX code was based on kekko's 3dfx Voodoo patch for DOSBox.

2 TACTCOM and GFX+ are also known as EF2000 V2.0 for DOS and EF2000 V2.0 for 3DFX respectively.

Edited by Home Fries, 10 August 2014 - 12:56 PM.

-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#2 Iceman1736

Iceman1736

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Nice video HF. Really like the music you selected.

#3 Krycztij

Krycztij

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Awesome! Looking forward to it … :)

#4 Skeeter

Skeeter

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Radio controlled model airplanes, UAVs, flight sims, aviation in general, reading in general.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Great video! Well done. :thumbsup:
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W CPU; GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-D3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard; GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card; CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R; Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 3.5" Desktop SSHD; Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

#5 Wombat1940

Wombat1940

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 4,563 posts
  • Interests:Fight Sims, Motorbikes, Grand-children and a favorite Neighbour.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

Great job!!!

Custom built PC:Hardware:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel ® i7 920 2.67Ghz CPU, 8Gb Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 (896Mb mem) video card with Direct X9c, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.

Partitioned HDD:

Software, 1st partition: XP Home SP3 32bit OS  with3.25Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4, nGlide Wrapper 1600x1200 (Gamma Correction 1.2).

Software, 2nd partition: Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit OS with 6Gb available memory running DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:Hardware:

15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, Intel ® Core ™ i7-3630QM 3rd Gen 3630QM Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).

Software: Win8.1 64-bit OS with 15.9Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4 Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (Gamma Correction 0.7) Res. and DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

#6 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

The manual is now available for download. please see the original post for the link.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
Posted Image

#7 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

bump for release.

-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#8 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sorry folks.  A bug with the IPX phonebook slipped through the cracks.  1.04 is uploaded.  People who downloaded 1.00 will need to re-download.

-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#9 The Dude

The Dude

Muhuhuhaha!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,874 posts
  • Interests:Krabby Patties

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

... Really like the music you selected.

That's the original music that came on the EF2K CD-ROM.

I gotta say, it really brought a smile to my face to hear that music again after all these years. :thumbsup:

#10 Skeeter

Skeeter

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Radio controlled model airplanes, UAVs, flight sims, aviation in general, reading in general.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

@Home Fries -- Dumb question, probably, but how do we choose which installer to download?

Thanks,

Skeeter

Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W CPU; GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-D3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard; GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card; CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R; Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 3.5" Desktop SSHD; Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

#11 mikew

mikew

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

There's only one installer, but it's been copied to three download sites in order to cope with the demand. <_<

Just pick one.....

#12 Skeeter

Skeeter

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Mike.    Boy oy oy oy, do I feel sheepish.    :blush:

#13 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Boy oy oy oy, do I feel sheepish.    :blush:

Dang!  And no sheep emoticon to celebrate the occasion. :angry:

-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#14 Wombat1940

Wombat1940

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 4,563 posts
  • Interests:Fight Sims, Motorbikes, Grand-children and a favorite Neighbour.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thanks Mike.    Boy oy oy oy, do I feel sheepish.    :blush:

Ha......... don't worry its how I feel all the time ....... ;)

Custom built PC:Hardware:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel ® i7 920 2.67Ghz CPU, 8Gb Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 (896Mb mem) video card with Direct X9c, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.

Partitioned HDD:

Software, 1st partition: XP Home SP3 32bit OS  with3.25Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4, nGlide Wrapper 1600x1200 (Gamma Correction 1.2).

Software, 2nd partition: Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit OS with 6Gb available memory running DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:Hardware:

15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, Intel ® Core ™ i7-3630QM 3rd Gen 3630QM Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).

Software: Win8.1 64-bit OS with 15.9Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4 Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (Gamma Correction 0.7) Res. and DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

#15 sobe

sobe

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

ALSO POSTED ON SIMHQ

So far the game is working nicely with only the following issues:
Note: I am using Win7 pro 64 bit and the Warthog joystick and throttle and Ch rudder pedals

1. My WH is joystick ID 1 and works fine, but the rudder pedals AND BRAKES are not being recognized in the config of the game setup. I have them listed as ID 2

2. So far, the trackIR is not working. I have checked the box and loaded TrackIR before I started the game. On page 13 of the manual, there is a sentence that says "assign your EF2000TrackIR profile to TrackMapper in your TrackIr software." What does this mean? All TrackIR boxes have been checked and there is the trackir status box in the taskbar and it says the trackir interface is initialized.  THANK YOU MIKEW.  ISSUE RESOLVED.  i KNOW JUST HAVE TO ADD THE ALT F1 KEYS TO A BUTTON ON MY STICK AS YOU LOSE TRACKER  WHEN YOU CHANGE SCREENS. 

#16 mikew

mikew

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Regarding TrackIR, have you enabled head tracking when in the cockpit by pressing 'ALT-F1'?

#17 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

TrackMapper is a program recognized by TrackIR, and is therefore in the games list in the TrackIR software.   If you have a specific EF2000 TrackIR profile, assign it to the game "TrackMapper" in your TrackIR software.

-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#18 sobe

sobe

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Home Fries.  Will try it when I get home.  I have been using Autokey and the F15, F16 and F17 keys for tracker as they don't interfere with the game keys and Tracker recognizes them even though they are not on my keyboard.  I just assign a key to these F keys and autokey runs the key and sends the info to tracker. 

Is it possible to get rudder pedals/brakes to work when they are not connected to the joystick/throttle?

I have the WH joystick/throttle combined as ID #1 and it seems to work fine. However, nothing I seem to do will get my CH rudder pedals/brakes to be recognized. I read that the game only sees one ID-is that correct?

#19 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

From SHQ:

The game only sees one joystick. Getting multiple joysticks recognized as a single 4 axis joystick in DOSBox can be done with PPJoy, but I don't have any first-hand knowledge in how to do it. Besides, using PPJoy may hose up your TARGET profile.

Right now, the only option for running "real" rudder pedals within TARGET is to have a Cougar with gameport rudders plugged in. Until Thrustmaster releases their own TARGET compatible rudders, this won't change.

-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#20 manmacgr

manmacgr

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hi guys,

I have a microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick and I cannot get it to work right. If selected, as an option via the inflight settings menu, the joystick does nothing plus the aircraft keeps whirling. If the keyboard is selected instead then everything is ok. Is there any way to set my joystick corectly?

Thanks in advance

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ef2000, dosbox, adp, trackir