COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

EF2000 Reloaded

In the above post, there is a link to instructions to sample the differences. This way you can determine if the emulation is robust during gameplay, including latency. There are also many soundfonts which produce different sounds and these choices are a matter of personal preference. By using this method of sampling, you can test among different soundfonts, too.

Edit: The binary attached to the above Vogon's post is now updated or will be shortly; it will include the necessary C/C++ runtime files which the binary depends upon.

(paraphrased) software MIDI with good soundfont: Virtula MIDI Synth/WeedGM3

That's a reasonable option to include in your project (EF2k Reloaded). Perhaps you would be able to share knowledge (or audio samples if you have a setup for it) with mikew and/or home fries?

I found the best option regarding MIDI in DOSBOX is to use general MIDI option together with third party software MIDI with good soundfont.

I recommend:

Software MIDI: Virtula MIDI Synth

http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth

Soundfont: WeedGM3

http://www.un4seen.com/download.php?extra/WeedsGM3

Good stuff, Starkiller.

I'm partial to Crisis General Midi 1.8 myself. I'd love to try 3.01, but I can't get it to reliably download.

Wow!! This is just awesome!!! Thanks to all of you who made this possible. I am a little nervous to startup EF2000 again after such a long time....

:icon_bow: Thank you!

Wow!! This is just awesome!!! Thanks to all of you who made this possible. I am a little nervous to startup EF2000 again after such a long time....

:icon_bow: Thank you!

I know how you feel .... :sofa1: but its great. Brings back all those good memories ...... well, for me anyway. I think its the opportunity to fly MP campaigns that cames it doubly attractive. Something that can't be done with TAW2.0

MikeW, I am needing some help and thought you might be able to help me.. I have one small problem well it could be a huge problem all depends on how you look at it..

Well I have a triplescreen Setup and when I run EF2000 in 1024x768 it is put on my Left most monitor and NOT the Center Monitor like in TAW..

Now I was wondering is there anyway I can FORCE EF2000 to go Onto my Center Monitor as TrackIR is weird looking left??

Not sure. How does the triple screen appear to Windows...3 separate 1024x768 screens or one big 3072x768 screen?

How easy is it to temporarily swap the connectors on the GFX card while you play EF2000?

one big screen at 3072x768.. I don't think I want to mess with pulling cords and such.. I think I did find a solution.. when the game starts I hit ALT + Ent and the screen switches to the center screen..

I am getting graphic glitches currently, Altho I only get them when enabling TrackIR with the Alt + F1 Key. I may try reinstalling drivers to updated ones, do you think that would help?? but what do I do about the graphics shimmering and blinking on and off??

Yes Mike that pushed it to the center but in window mode where I can still see the taskbar.. I also get the shimmering still???

I see what you mean about the taskbar, but have no idea why it becomes visible by simply moving the window. I can only suggest that you change the taskbar setting to 'hide automatically' for now.

I'm not seeing any graphics problems with TrackIR. Are all your other TrackIR games OK?

I've just been shaking my head violently with TrackIR, and the only graphics anomaly I see is that I lose the pitch ladder if I'm not looking directly forward. I notice this in your video and also HF's EF2000 Reloaded trailer.

Other than that, it's very stable even on my old GTX590 running at 2560x1600 which has a lot more pixels than 3072x768.

yes ONLY after I hit Alt + F1.. I also was wondering how hard it would to add 3D support to this version of Dosbox sort of doing like what you did for the VRX Headset but with NVidia 3D vision support..??

Right now the light on my Pyramid thingie lights up. a very curious thing to have happen??

Oh and Im running single screen at 1024x768..

3D is on the list of things to do, although I'd have to learn how to do it...then actually do it.

Note that the VFX1 also produced a 3D effect, with the two images generated by a PC card connected to the headset. The game would have to be involved somehow, but so far, I haven't seen any artefact of this on any display...but maybe you're the first.

Yes I think that is what I am seeing.. as the Pyramid lights up and the screen on the edge looks like it is trying to be in 3D.. Wohoo there maybe hope to see this sim in 3D after a long time wanting to see it in that mode..

Looking forward to any news..

Well I turned 3D OFF Completely but when I hit the keypress ALT + F1 it wants to enable the 3D.. so shutting it off in CP did NOthing.. I don't get the corruption without TrackIR..

So I believe it is the 3D trying to turn on that is having the effect I see..

Hmmmnn, I can't see how Nvidia thinks that there is any 3D information there to use. Interesting though.

The other possibility is light pollution screwing up the TrackIR sensors. I know your other games are working OK, but I do no filtering whatsoever of the data coming from TrackIR, and I guess neither does EF2000.

Hi.

I'm from Spain and my english is not very good, but i'll try my best.

I've installed ef2000 + tactcom (i can't patch the tactpat.exe to update to gfx+ as i said years ago at http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3459259/9.html) and installed ef2000 reloaded.

I run win 7 64bit now and i have a ati 6950.

My monitor is 1024x768 (an old crt monitor).

The problem i have is that the game don't seems to run at 1024x768.

It seems to me that runs at 640x400 and the image is interpolated to 1024x768.

I post 2 images for you to see:

ux55.jpg

zabb.jpg

thank you.

The problem i have is that the game don't seems to run at 1024x768.

It seems to me that runs at 640x400 and the image is interpolated to 1024x768.

This is not a bug, but a design feature ;) .

The best you can natively run EF2000 is 640x400; DOSBox only interpolates the source image.