COMBATSIM Forum
Wombat1940

TAW2.0: Setting TM Cougar Throttle detent for 100%?

I'd like to be able to set the throttle upper detent position to 100% engine power. I've tried to calibrate this by fiddling with the HOTAS CCP, manual calibration, but no success and I don't seem to be able to do it through any TAW2.0 game setting. Maybe I can do it through Foxy? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Doing it with Foxy/CCP is very tricky. The only way I was able to do it was with a throttle curve and shift, and it was trial and error. It still wasn't optimal. Take a look at the Foxy profile included in TAW 2.0 to see my throttle settings.

TARGET allows you to specify a physical point on the throttle and assign that to a position on the virtual throttle, then it will automatically scale the responses on either side. The 100% point in TAW corresponds to 55% on the throttle, so you will want to set your physical position (probably about 73%) to correspond to 55%.

Or you can just download my TARGET profile and take it from there. ;)

Doing it with Foxy/CCP is very tricky. The only way I was able to do it was with a throttle curve and shift, and it was trial and error. It still wasn't optimal. Take a look at the Foxy profile included in TAW 2.0 to see my throttle settings.

TARGET allows you to specify a physical point on the throttle and assign that to a position on the virtual throttle, then it will automatically scale the responses on either side. The 100% point in TAW corresponds to 55% on the throttle, so you will want to set your physical position (probably about 73%) to correspond to 55%.

Or you can just download my TARGET profile and take it from there. ;)

Thanks HF. I'll stick with Foxy at the moment. I'll take a look at your Foxy profile. It would be nice to hit the detent without looking anywhere to go mil. Specially in a dogfight. I'm running a t 107% at the detent at the moment which reduces range by 50% when compared to 100%. :(

Take a look at the Foxy profile included in TAW 2.0 to see my throttle settings.

Sorry HF, but how do I see your CCP setting. When I load your profile and click on the CCP icon it defaults to my set up. Thanks

Sorry, Wombat. It's been a while since I did that, and I forgot that I converted the CCP settings to a single command in the profile. Of course, this makes it much easier.

Line 387 of the profile:

THR 5 9 (0 10 20 30 40 50 71 80 97 100) (CURVE (THR, 0) KU(X35)) (CURVE (THR, 1) KD(X35)) (CURVE (THR, 2) KD(X35)) CURVE (THR, 3)  (CURVE (THR, 4) KU(X35)) UNLOCK (THR) LOCK (THR, 55%) UNLOCK(THR) LOCK(THR,100%) 

It dynamically curves the throttle based on physical position, flattening the curve as you get closer to the AB detent. Between 71-80, the throttle is locked at 55 (MIL power). It's not a linear throttle and gets very touchy at the low end near idle, but it's the best I could do with Foxy.

TARGET is really the way to go. Granted, you have to program in C for the advanced functions, but you can do so much more.

EDIT: Don't sweat the X35 logic flag too much. This is for an engine start routine, and can be disabled.

Sorry, Wombat. It's been a while since I did that, and I forgot that I converted the CCP settings to a single command in the profile. Of course, this makes it much easier.

Line 387 of the profile:

THR 5 9 (0 10 20 30 40 50 71 80 97 100) (CURVE (THR, 0) KU(X35)) (CURVE (THR, 1) KD(X35)) (CURVE (THR, 2) KD(X35)) CURVE (THR, 3)  (CURVE (THR, 4) KU(X35)) UNLOCK (THR) LOCK (THR, 55%) UNLOCK(THR) LOCK(THR,100%) 

It dynamically curves the throttle based on physical position, flattening the curve as you get closer to the AB detent. Between 71-80, the throttle is locked at 55 (MIL power). It's not a linear throttle and gets very touchy at the low end near idle, but it's the best I could do with Foxy.

TARGET is really the way to go. Granted, you have to program in C for the advanced functions, but you can do so much more.

Beat me. :lol: ...... I was trying to edit my last post ..... :rofl:

You gave me the hint so I had a go myself.

throttle_zps9edae5a0.jpg

It gives me 99% at the detent as again the 107% previously. I'll send you a cheque for half the price of the fuel I'm saving ...... ;) . Thanks again.

Just on something else. I've been re-doing my/Eagle's work on maverick targeting on static targets and programming it to buttons on the cougar. I've made it so much simpler with fewer key strokes. I can now reek havoc over flying a city with 14 mavericks aboard. :o

Raptr or TS3?

Sorry it 4.49am here. Time for bed. Just check my edit on the previous post please. Can't get on TS3 any more .......

No TS3? Wow. Hit me up on Raptr when you get up then.

EDIT: Are you sure that the problem is more than just not being able to log onto the SimHQ server? Because the SHQ server address is different now. See the TAW multiplayer post for details.