COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

Su-27 Multiplayer Formation (DCS World)

Screenshot of The Nephilim and myself (taken from my cockpit) in formation. Taken while flying a multiplayer conversion of the Fortress Mozdok campaign.

HFandNephinCloseFormation_zps455d3349.jp

Another Su-27 formation shot, this time forming up on Wombat's wing after completing a mission. Yes, Wombat was playing AWACS tonight using LotAtc.

Screen_140319_223630_zpse0cbf528.jpg

Screen_140319_223709_zps2a769142.jpg

Branching out to other aircraft:

Here's Neph in formation with me flying the A-10A.

A-10A_nephinformation_zpscc0152bc.jpg

And the F-15C flying tight formation in bad weather, enjoying the awesome new flight model in DCS World 1.2.8!

F-15C_informationwneph_zps62a04ff4.jpg

This one is less a parade formation and more tactical; I'm covering Skeeter as he makes a guns pass on the tree line. I need to be close enough to engage threats, but far enough back to identify/call the threats and determine the point of origin. Both of us are in UH-1H Huey gunships. The dot in the clouds at the top center of the screenshot is Neph orbiting in his A-10.

Skeetergunpassontreeline_zps14c8b41c.jpg

Unfortunately, the JPG compression and photobucket resizing makes Skeeter's gunship difficult to see (and the haze grey Marine Corps pattern makes it more difficult to see by design), but the shot was still one that needed posting for coolness factor alone.

Here's a mission where Skeeter, Neph, and I had to fly in close formation with a tanker in order to mask our numbers with a single radar signature.

Screen_140806_210015_zps0011bacc.jpg

And Neph (from a wide angle, so it's closer than it looks):

Screen_140806_210227_zps4483e582.jpg

Some multiplayer Ka-50 from tonight's flight.

Home Fries and Nephilim in a wedge formation (Skeeter is out of pic on the left). Pushing toward fence-in point.

Screen_141105_215921_zps6a8af187.jpg

Skeeter and Neph in formation. They followed a waypoint together before splitting off into separate search areas.

Screen_141105_215738_zps5e05d6e5.jpg

Neph on candid camera after RTB. Note the cow pattern on the helmet.

Screen_141105_230111_zps99308462.jpg