COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

2014 has some DCS Potential

By the time spring rolls around, we should have 2 (possibly 3) new aircraft: The BAE Hawk T.1A should be released as a public beta in February (full systems and avionics fidelity, advanced flight model to be implemented later), followed by the MiG-21Bis on March 30. Here's the latest video of a cold start and takeoff of the MiG-21:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaNALBKgxU

Not resting on their laurels, Belsimtek (the crew that brought you the DCS UH-1 Huey and Mi-8, and soon the F-15C advanced flight model) have announced that they will be releasing public betas of the F-86F Sabre in the spring, and the AH-1G Cobra in the summer timeframe.

I can speak briefly about the Hawk, having alpha tested it for a short time before a family emergency ended that endeavor. When they say that the systems are modeled, they mean things that you wouldn't normally think of. For example, whereas most people would consider a linear gyro precession decent modeling (most gyros do precess fairly linearly because they have dampeners that prevent exponential precession), VEAO actually mentioned trying to reproduce degrees of gyro precession and instrument failure at certain attitudes. They are actually modeling the systems for a military contract, so you can be sure that the detail is all there. I'm really looking forward to this one (and the MiG-21, but that goes without saying).

It's a good time to be a simmer! :dancinguy:

We beczl studio announce with regrets the following bad news in relation with DCS:MiG-21Bis project.

The project is on hold till the unknown date due we are faced of several development problems in general also a very serious disagreement

and financial issues within the team that affect the whole project finalization and future.

:wtf::nuke:

It's in their best interests to get whatever it is ironed out; for all that work, a small piece of something is more than a whole piece of nothing.

It appears that the thread has since been erased from ED's boards, so here is the entire message:

We beczl studio announce with regrets the following bad news in relation with DCS:MiG-21Bis project.

The project is on hold till the unknown date due we are faced of several development problems in general also a very serious disagreement
and financial issues within the team that affect the whole project finalization and future.

That means the finalization of the MiG-21 and publishing as well is freezes until these issues fully clarified. If it is won't possible very soon we must be drop whole project.
So the beczl studios will not and never been publish the DCS:MiG-21Bis. In case we'll be working on the project closure and after the backers will give back their money
as soon as possible.

The method how we can transfer these money's back to our backers will be communicated and available as soon as possible. We will be contact
with each backers individually via mail with the possible solutions in relation about money back transfer.

We willpost details on www.dcs-mig21.com, in our facebook page, and also in this forum thread as well.

Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to working on this project even it is not published and I spent more than two year (with previous version more than four year) for that project from my life.

Through our regular updates, news and videos you can clearly see the DCSW possibilities, how long and hard work need to be a successfully (or unsuccessfully within this context) project. We can experienced how
hard to develop a DCS level planes with a limited 3rd party support, but also met a lot of talented and experienced 3rd party teams who's help each other, share their knowledge that help each party to achieve their goal.

Anyway, we wish to all player, 3rd party group and TFC/ED to a better success with the other possible upcoming DCS planes.

For any furter info, inquery and help you can countact us at info@dcs-mig21.com

Followed later on by Dolphin887, apparently one of the other team members:

Being on this project since day 1, I am very sorry Laszlo put this message on forum without consultations with the team, and any collective decision really made.

Project is still fully active and this message surprised us (the rest of the team, 4 people) while we were actually working on it.

Any internal problem need to be dealt internally, without any negative effects outside the team.

In that sense, be reserved towards Laszlo's message for now, as we believe we will fix the issues soon (Laszlo is currently on the business trip).

I personally hope Laszlo won't make more harmful moves until we discuss this matter.

As from our part, 21 is not closed project, no worries.

We'll see how this soap opera plays out, but like I said in my previous post, scrapping the project after years of work over money will be cutting off their noses to spite their faces. As long as cool heads prevail, this should see the light of day.

And the latest from Cobra:

Hi Everyone,

<...> This is not some petty dispute or someone storming off without just cause. This is an internal issue that can be easily rectified, but instead of engaging in clear dialogue, much more serious steps were taken. Steps that were public.

We pride ourselves in being professional in every facet of our products and outward image, therefore this issue going public causes us great grief.

We will not say more at this time. Please keep speculation to a minimum. Seeing something being destroyed in the eyes of the public after a concentrated effort of years of development is heartbreaking.
We have a reputation to maintain, and seeing it be torn to shreds in the matter of two days is far more crushing. Especially with regards to what we have in the pipeline.

We remain committed to the MiG-21 and are working hard to resolve this and move on. Please have faith in us.

/Nicholas, Novak, Roland & Michael -- DCS: MiG-21

And there's more:

For folks who want FC3 but don't have Lock On, fairly soon you won't need Lock On as a prerequisite!

DCS: FLAMING CLIFFS 3 COMING SOON!

DUXFORD, UK, January 23rd, 2014 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will release DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 as a digital download for $49.99 in the first quarter of 2014.

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) is the next evolution of the Flaming Cliffs series that operates as part of DCS World. Feel the exhilaration of flying multiple fighter and attack aircraft from both the United States and Russia in engaging and dangerous combat missions. Jump into the American F-15C air superiority fighter and A-10A close air support attack jet; or the Russian Su-27, Su-33, and MiG-29 fighters and the Su-25 attack jet to test your flying skills.

The FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focus on a broad range combat missions. FC3 adds many new features and improvements to previous versions of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 is a module of DCS World, which makes it compatible with all other DCS World titles like A-10C, Black Shark 2, P-51D, Combined Arms, UH-1H Huey and Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight.

Trailer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3uc0jD3AM

New Key Features for the Flaming Cliffs Series:

• No longer is an installation Lock On: Modern Air Combat required!
• A DCS World module that is compatible with all other DCS titles.
• New Advanced Flights Models (AFM) for the A-10A and Su-25. New AFM for the Su-27 and F-15C coming soon!
• New 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) cockpit and model for the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-25 and Su-33. New MiG-29 cockpit coming soon!
• New campaigns and single player missions.
• Improved flight dynamics for air-to-air missiles.
• Updated and improved HUDs and other cockpit systems.
• Resource Manager that adds logistics control to missions.
• Expanded theatre of operations map into eastern Georgia.
• Countless other improvements in the areas of the mission editor, special effects, new models, improved terrain detail and AI.

And from Wags (for people who already own FC3):

Just to be even more clear: This is the same as the FC3 version you are all familiar with, the key/only difference is that we now can legally sell it sans-Lock On. This will also allow us to sell the product world wide on Steam and other digital distribution outlets.

When the final version of 1.2.7 is released, existing owners of FC3 will also no longer need a Lock On installation.

:dancinguy:

Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

VEAO Simulations are pleased to announce that we are in contract to develop the “DCS Warbirds Collection” for the DCS World flight simulator.

For the first iteration, the following aircraft modules are being developed:
HA-112 Hispano Buchon
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV
F8F-Bearcat
Curtiss P-40F

All aircraft will have the External Flight Model (EFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) to DCS fidelity standards. As with all of our modules, we will develop these aircraft to military specifications.

The modules in the collection will be released separately, as they are developed, and will be sold for $39.99 each.

We expect the first module to be ready at the end of this year (Q4 2014) with the remaining modules expected for release up to Q2 2015.

Future aircraft in the collection are being discussed, as well as terrain maps, and further details will be announced at an appropriate time.

A separate team is working on these modules which will not affect development of any current module.

We would like to thank the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics for their continued support, as well as you, the community, for the overwhelming support you give us.

Chris and the VEAO team.

That Mirage looks cool.. But the Typhoon I can't wait until I can get my grubby hands on it.. :)

The latest from Leatherneck regarding the MiG-21 (emphasis mine):

A lot of question concerning the release date spread all over the forum - so here is the updated information about our release procedure and plans.

We informed the Eagle management we want to release later this month, which was well received. In order to do so, we need to pass internal quality checks with the Eagle. This is in all parties interest: ensure mod quality, integration stability and players satisfaction.

The module will be available for the Eagle internal tests tomorrow (09. June). We don't know how much time the Eagle will need for their tests - but I assume anything up to 10-15 days (could be much less). Note that the Eagle needs to check the level of integration of 21 to DCS core, and perhaps extend their code to fully support it. On the other side, they might send some feedback or implementation requests which we need to implement. In such case, we will provide updated mod for further tests in very short time; we usually patch the mod in max 12-24 hours, usually much less.

If all goes according to our plans, we will be ready at the end of this month (anywhere from ~20. June +). There are things we can't anticipate. This is our plan, and we will try hard to follow it.

Mod should be initially available on the DCS site for download. If all goes well, we might go for the Steam later.

:nana:

Two videos with EDGE.

First, the new FW-109D-9 trailer (open beta due in August):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x1gi6vyn8g

And a sneak peek of the F/A-18E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvUoZRUuYc

Finally, the light is at the end of the tunnel for both the Hawk and MiG-21. The lawyers have made the world a better place by coming to an agreement on how exactly the Hawk can be simulated in DCS (that smell is sarcasm, BTW), and VEAO is on track for an August release. The MiG-21 has also been released to media outlets (i.e. bloggers, columnists, etc.) and a number of first look screenshots/posts are available.

@TheDude, I'd be happy to preview the MiG-21 for Combatsim if you get me one of those advance copies. :thumbsup:

EDIT: The latest First Look from FroogleSims:

http://youtu.be/9UxtYpBsf1E

Good news and bad news:

Bad news: The Hawk, which was scheduled for August release, was postponed due to a showstopper bug in 11th hour testing. They're still hoping for mid-September.

Good news: The bug was found before release. :wtf:

J/K. Good news (for real):

from Ells:

Just spent the day with Tom, Mike and Gareth from Close Air Solutions and Tom happens to be an ex front line Tornado pilot who has agreed to help us develop the Tornado.
Having front line pilot experience is something that no manual can guide you when developing an aircraft and we're extremely pleased Tom has offered to help out.

and

It will likely be the GR4 but we will confirm this soon.

I'm not expecting anytime real soon, but (with possible exception of the F-15E) this would be the ultimate strike aircraft. Being a big fan of the 1993 DI game, I've been waiting for this for a while.

:icon_rock:

Well I just pulled the trigger on the Huey and Sabre. DL'ng now.. will get it installed ASDAP!!

:icon_rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkH5Ak4wAnY

hey Homefries have you seen the Actual Pit is that a 3D pit or a 2D one?? I think it looks like a 2D pit like the Old Su25T and FC3 planes??

I have flown in it a bit but really cant do much yet,, is there any training missions for the Mig21??