Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old Guy

No wonder no one wanders in here . . . .

7 posts in this topic

This place is too neat and clean. Where are the bar stools? The bar? Calendars with nekkid wimmen?

Beer signs? Wanted posters? Uncle Sam wants YOU posters?

There are no tables with stains on them, no beat up chairs, no stack of CSim Babes magazines piled on a table.

In short, the place looks like a hospital room. Yuck.

I'll be back later with a couple cases of beer. I'll bet we can make the place more like a cross between a WW2 briefing room and a sleazy noir bar in no time.

:)

OG

aka: Constable6 in WT

Maybe we can pay a hobo 25 cents to throw up in the corner, if that helps.

Oh, wait ... Donnie just did it for free.

Never mind.

Damn it, just when I thought I had the place to myself and that drunk in the corner, and you guys wander in! No peace for the wicked, they say!

Listen, why are y'all pissing around with War Thunder? That's for teens and below, and Joker, who should know better.

The REAL sim these days is "IL-2 Cliffs of Dover", if you can handle it. I finally can since I upped to 64bit and a new vid card. Yeah, yeah, I know it's only Spits and Hurris and 109s and so forth, but if you want to see what it's all about for real, go take a look at the website for ATAG (Air Tactical Assault Group) which is the brains behind CoD these days. They just made a new Mod for Malta which is very accurate for graphics, etc. I think it's the scenery and the A/C modeling which impresses me so much, with the shadows moving around the cockpit as you turn and the intense scenery.

I know the website can't compare to CSim, but they sure have an active bunch there, so check it out and see what you think.

"OK, Donnie, no more for you, time to go home, buddy, after you clean up that mess on the floor. Next time bring a couple of your Babes with you for Doug and OG, willya? Always was a cheapskate!"

WT is kind of fun, Whiz. Not as challenging as IL-2, but you can jump in, fly a couple missions, and get out. Since I'm not much of a pilot the battles are tough enough for me. I have IL-2 1946 and I've been working on learning my way around in that game.

OG

Hmmm, maybe I just might check it out again. I flew some Missions last year and thought it was too arcade-ish but maybe it's better now. You buy the beers, OG, if I get flamed by a 15yr-old!

You just have to not pay attention to that crap, Whiz. If one of your team members get pissed at you he (or she) will shoot you down. A few real butt heads do that every now and then just for giggles. Joker's been shot at by guys on his side several times. It's only happened to me once and I think that was an accident.

When you start out in WT you start in Arcade Battles, but most people switch up to Realistic Battles very shortly. Some things about Realistic Battles are a good way from a more realistic flight sim, but by and large it's fairly well done. It is, however, a sim. Even IL-2 has its quirks.

OG

And here I am resurrecting threads for no good reason. Except I started playing WT after a long hiatus...

How long, you ask? I was in the original War Thunder Beta test when I played last. Yes, that long.

And no, that's not what she said.