COMBATSIM Forum
keeps21

HOTAS problems

I've used the Saitek software to program maps the buttons on my x52 pro to the keys I've set up in game in IL-2.

The engine start key is key I in game, I've mapped Toggle 5 to this. When pressing toggle 5 the engine starts but it also brings up the comms menu.

The slider is mapped to Mixture increase and decrease (Shift + - and Shift + =). When moving the slider the mixture changes, but some console(?) text is shown too...

Any ideas what's going on?

Screen shot here - http://postimg.org/image/tcfqndodv/

My first reaction is that you have a Battle of the Keys going on! My understanding of Mapping is that you can Map either the HOTAS or the Game, but you can't Map both. More simply, they're fighting each other. I did this on IL-2 CoD and had similar reactions.

My first reaction is that you have a Battle of the Keys going on! My understanding of Mapping is that you can Map either the HOTAS or the Game, but you can't Map both. More simply, they're fighting each other. I did this on IL-2 CoD and had similar reactions.

I don't seem to have any key vs hotas (section at the bottom) conflicts going on.

I think the problem was editing the profile with IL-2 running. Once I'd closed Il-2 made the changes and then ran it again it seemed to be ok :)