Skeeter

Campaign Scoring in TAW

4 posts in this topic

I've been turning CAP missions into strike missions by choosing a target from the list and going after it once I have passed the CAP waypoint. I'll even rearm and strike the target site again. However, this does not seem to show in the target damage percentages, even after time has passed and I've flown more missions. Is this a waste of time or does this strategy help win a campaign?

Thanks,

Skeeter

You'll only get campaign points if the target is in the current target list, and that depends on what the current objective of the campaign is.

For example, if the current objective is 'Air Force' and you take out a bridge, you won't get any points. Although, if the objective subsequently changes to 'Infrastructure', that bridge is likely to be in target list and you'll get the campaign points then.

WEll I second what MikeW said and also you need to keep going out and Attack the Targets in the Targe list or whichever is in the Current Strategy..

So Say you need to Strike Infastructure Targets, Best thing to do is go into the Target list and take out those Targets in the list.. To find out where they are just highlitie it and you will see it blink on the map.. You will need to remember about where the target is and setup a Misison like a CAP mission and choose one close to that target area and fly the mission and go Stike that target that is in the list..

You can pick several targets just right done the location so you don't forget which is rather hard in TAW I just use landmarks like Forests and lakes.. Then after you come back after your Strike and you successfully taken the Previous Target out Rearm and Refuel and goto the 2nd Target in your list..

When you come back DON'T Request a landing to keep your Wingman in the air and when you take off you will have fully armed Wingman to cover you.. They are good if loaded with mavs to take out sams and such not too much for Targets outside the msission but good for A-A and Sam Hunting..

that is part of my Strategy and Works rather well.. You can also do the Paradox Tactic on those stubborn Campiagns..

Thanks for the replies. When I do this, I make sure to select targets from the current strategy list and usually go after the high value ones. I realize that there is a delay in updating the damage info, but so far I haven't really noticed that I'm affecting the percent damage all that much, if at all. I'll watch the list and percent damage a bit more closely. It did seem like this should be a way to increase the probability of meeting the required damage levels, so I'll continue to use this strategy.

Thanks again,

Skeeter