COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tirta

how to defeat su-35 in a turning fight?

Hi Guys,

Can you let me know some tips on how to defeat su-35 in a turning fight guns only?

Somehow the bandit always manage to get to my six,

even if I am already in corner speed.

How do you beat it?

Hi!

Well, for me, the trick has always been to avoid just putting my velocity vector on him, and to try to use small yo-yos to maneuver out of his plane of motion, and then get back onto his plane of motion. This method usually gets me to his six (and don't forget the lead turn at the beginning of the merge!). If he gets to your six, extending the airbrake, lowering your speed, and then scissoring him works well if he's close. If he's farther away (but still within effective guns range), I usually end up exploding.

Look, I'm a nerd! I can help you get the mouse working, but I'll leave it to the fighter jocks to answer that sort of question. :)

EDIT: Thanks, Martinius! :thumbsup:

What is your Corner speed?? In the EF2000 plane it is relatively easy to get back on someones six but best trick is not to let him get there . ;)

Thanks for the reply Martinius & mikew.

I am going to try your solution.

Anyway, yesterday I have just done some reading on EF2000 strategy guide.

Wow, it is a very nice guide, full of useful informations.

I have just found out that the corner speed is different for different altitude.

And there is lots of information regarding on how to beat su-35.

This sim never cease to amaze me,

even the flight model maybe simplistic compared to dcs,

however, in terms of gameplay, it is a lot more fun.

And its dynamic campaign is not boring like dcs.

You're welcome mate. ;)

Yeah, the fun factor of EF2K and TAW is pretty damn high: You don't have a thousand systems to manage at the same time, and still the systems management is sufficiently deep and detailed (this, however, is also a function of the plane and not just the game).

Just imagine what would happen if the guys here had the source code... It never hurts to dream does it?

Well the EF2000 has a 55degree a sec turn rate at corner speed at around 1000ft.. now I do believe the EF2000 has a better turn rate then any enemy plane ingame.. with that in mind and the AI being rather dumb you could use G for Brains and just yank bank turn max corner and be back on his 6 in a bit..