COMBATSIM Forum
undertheradar

Options not available on config page

Strange. I don't know why those options are grayed out unless something has gone wrong with the launcher installation

Where you've installed the launcher, there should be a directory called 'config', with a file called 'ef2k_exe.cfg'

The contents should look something like this:

#ef2k_exe.cfg written by Launcher v1.0.5
#EF2000 Install pointers
Default_EXE=2

#EF2000 Installs
#0=original DOS, 1=TACTCOM, 2=GFX+
EF2000_Install=D:\pc2009\ef3DFX\ef2000.exe 2

I copied an installation to c:\Digital Image Design\EF2000 V2.0 for 3DFX on my hard drive, and I was unable to duplicate the error. That means there's no problem with the period in the folder name (not that there should be).

I still don't know what could prevent you from using the config menu and cause an issue with displaying the selected install once you input it manually. The only thing I can possibly think of is to try reinstalling the VB6 libraries, which can be found in EF2000 Reloaded\!ADP\Runtime\VB6, and if that doesn't work try manually reinstalling the "missing dlls" (pp 20-22 in the Reloaded manual).

If that doesn't work, please provide your hardware specs, including operating system.

VB6 asks me if I want to install, a window pops up and disappears immediately. Not sure how to confirm if it worked.

The three files were there so I did not need to replace them.

Specs are:

Win7 64 Home Premium

i5 4760K

8 Gigs RAM

Nvidia GTX 970

Thanks!

I can get a similar effect if I make a spelling mistake in the path, but the buttons that allow file selection (with the 3 dots, to the left of 'Config') work OK in my case even though they look like they are grayed out.

SOLVED. After mike said "but the buttons that allow file selection work OK in my case even though they look like they are grayed out." I took another look and I was able to select the executable.

Thanks, gents :)