COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Guy

IL-2 CoD

[Door creaks open]

(cough) "Damn! It's dusty in here.

"Where's the dang . . . ah . . . one bloody bulb with a pull chain. Well, at least it works. (cough) All this dust and mold is going to play hob with my allergies.

"Let's see. Hotplate. Tea caddy. No tea. No cups. A crumpled Player pack. Rubbish. Rubbish everywhere.

"A blackboard with something . . . yes . . . you can almost read the flight assignments. Red flight. Green flight. Blue . . .

(cough) "I've got to get out of here. The place needs a good mucking out. And curtains. And pinups on the wall. I'll just leave a note on the blackboard . . .

(scrape, screech) "Bloody chalk! There. That's all I can do for now."

[Door creaks shut.]

[Message on black board]

HOW DO YOU OPEN CoD WITHOUT OPENING STEAM? IN MY EARLIER INSTALL I HAD A SHORTCUT THAT DID JUST THAT.

OG

I'd try a shortcut to the launcher, which should be found at something like:

C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Il2 sturmovik cod\launcher.exe

The launcher invokes Steam first and the game runs inside that -- sort of. I'm not sure how that works.

When I had the game working last year I had a shortcut that brought up CoD directly. No Steam.

I'll check the game forums. Seems like I might have picked up some info on this issue on one of those.

OG

Hey, OG, did you get this sorted out?

You actually never see a CUP Shortcut because you have to use the IL-2 Selector to start the game of choice, e.g DOF, WAW, etc. So, make a shortcut to IL-2 Selector and you'll be OK.