Ikrananka

Bombs-Away.net Staff and B-17 Downloads

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get in touch with the staff of the now closed bombs-away.net website that served the B-17 The Mighty 8th gaming community back around 2001.  Specifically I'm trying to find out if any of them kept a copy of all of the game mods that were available on their website.  The staff were:

• Darren "Raptor" Evans
  • Michael "Porta" Nielsen
  • Clay "Pops" Thoreson
  • Mike "Jordi" Bowman

Does anyone know how to contact any of them?

Does anyone here have a backup of the downloads that were available from bombs-away.net

Thanks in advance

Hi

I was googling for Darren when I came across this post - although it´s almost a year old now...

Don´t have any backups that I know of, unfortunately; but maybe Darren still do. Only problem is to find him ;)

Still have the game though; with the user manual with the autographs of the entire team :)

Cheers

-Michael "Porta" Nielsen

Thanks for taking the time to let me know Michael - and welcome to the combatsim forums :) 

I have some good success with folks over on the GOG.com and Steam forums and have been amassing quite a collection of mods with more added only yesterday.  Once I get time to organise them and eliminate the duplicates I'll make the collection available to everyone online and will post an update on these forums.

Thanks, Ikrananka! :)

I got rather inspired by this topic, so I fired up an old laptop on which my old E-mail client Eudora still ran - and I found e-mails from Joe Worsley, Graham Davis and Iain Howe :)

Would be great if you´re able to make the collection available. Time to fire up the good, old Mighty 8th again!