DRPete

keyboard not responsive

13 posts in this topic

not really gonna be able to help without more technical info?? Like are you playing a game and it is not responsive, new keyboard and you did not plug it in??

System specs would help also..

Hi Neph, 

TAW   F-22 total air war 2.30 final

I'm trying to help my brother (DRPete) install and adjust the PC settings to run the sim.  He has a wireless keyboard and mouse, and a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick USB Wired PC Game Controller (without a throttle).  Platform is Windows 10 x64. He has a radeon 4600 graphics card, 4gb ram, quad core motherboard (just don't remember what mfg.).

Inside the game, after pilot sign in,  options setup,  have set to joystick instead of keyboard. 

Problem:  game play - unable to control throttle on keyboard the Shift/normal [  ] - + keys do not work to increase or decrease airspeed. In order to play single mission, training missions, must always takeoff in autopilot mode.  In air manual operation jet always just continues to slowdown and the designated keyboard throttle keys do not respond.  The keypad number keys work to view side to side,  access autopilot various modes, etc. We've been unable to find in the manual or addendum anything that addresses this problem. 

With what info I can remember about his PC setup hopefully this can be a starting place to troubleshoot his settings,  and such. 

Any suggestions? 

yes, you can have him either play with the keyboard (All Functions should work) or buy a throttle for his stick.. I don't think this game was intended for a single stick with NO Throttle.. ;)

But the Logitech Attack 3 does have a throttle, although it doesn't have a rudder. I have one of these, and it works in Win8.1 at least.

So, maybe the definitions (In Windows) of ' Joystick Axis 1', 'Axis 2' etc are not what TAW expects...but I don't think this is anything TAW has control over.

12 hours ago, mikew said:

But the Logitech Attack 3 does have a throttle, although it doesn't have a rudder. I have one of these, and it works in Win8.1 at least.

So, maybe the definitions (In Windows) of ' Joystick Axis 1', 'Axis 2' etc are not what TAW expects...but I don't think this is anything TAW has control over.

well according to Papavan his brother the op does not have a throttle?? so is it with or without??

The joystick had 11 buttons including the trigger.  However,  there is not a throttle. 

Found a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that will work.  Hopefully, keyboard will work as intended. We'll see next week. 

Thanks for your help. 

Well the keyboard should work with a stick plugged in but not sure why the throttle did not work?? I remember hitting G for the gear and other key presses tho.. could you get a throttle for the other stick tho??

Tell me, is that scroll button on the back sidethe base, where the throttle is on the joystick as you linked in last comm? I didn't notice it on the Attack 3 at his house. I'll call him and ask him to test it. Thanks

Yes that scroll button should be the throttle ;)

Thanks you for your help. I appreciate it. You always seem to have the right answer. 

Well If I don't always have the right answer but look for one ;)

Hope it works out for you and your Brotther ..