lipy

TAW will no longer start.

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Everything was fine but now, TAW does not start, I have the error message: "Failed to direcInput property DIJOFS_X".
Is this a known problem?
My Os is win 10 and it is the version F-22 Total Air War 2.30 that is installed.

lipy,

Shot in the dark here, but did you recently add a HID controller, or is something other than your joystick the first controller listed in Windows?  To bring up your controllers, type "joy.cpl" to find the application.

No, nothing changed, hotas warthog, f16 mfd and Ch pro pedals.

2 hours ago, lipy said:

No, nothing changed, hotas warthog, f16 mfd and Ch pro pedals.

Try unplugging your MFDs and see if this fixes the problem.

Sorry for the delay but I was on the move.:mellow:
By removing the MFDs, it works to the menu of the game but once the mission chosen at the launch, error message: "F22.bat stopped working".

What happened is that the MFDs became the first controller in windows, which is the only controller that TAW recognizes.  I'm not sure why the CTD happened after you unplugged the MFDs, but we have seen the MFD issue before.  

Since you have a Warthog (which itself is two HID controllers, not counting rudder), I recommend using my TARGET profile.  The only thing you won't get is your USB rudder pedals, for which you'll have to use the slider axis instead.

Yes, I use Target with my hotas.
I think I found the problem, I have to disable my MFDs and the other problem was that I had selected "nglide" (which I own) in the options.
Now go back to "dgVoodoo" and there it works but I do not have the impression of having the same graphics as youtube video, I would almost say that EF2000 is more beautiful, smoother in graphics but it can be an idea.... 
:P

Thanks for putting me on the path to find the solution.;)