COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stans

Thursday

Morning all. 29F under overcast skies. Wintry mix likely later in the day. No snow accumulation. High of 34F. Furnace quit putting out heat yesterday morning. Just blower running continuously. I shut it of at the thermostat and had our service people come out to fix it. They turned it on and it worked fine. Figures. The tech checked a few things and said he didn't see anything wrong. Well I got up this morning and blower is running but no heat again. Down to 63F in the house. So put in another call for them to get back out here. Furnace is 20 years old, so I know we have been living on borrowed time. Many of our other condos have had to replace their furnaces and AC units already. They were all Heil units, same models. Looks like old Saint Nick may be bringing a new furnace. The bastard. HUMBUG!

Did I mention the snow?

Many, many inches o' the white stuff greeted me on Wednesday morning. 

Looked quite lovely in its pristine undisturbed state. But all thoughts of pristine beauty evaporated the moment I began shovelling my driveway.

Still, I prefer a crisp, cold white Christmas to an unseasonably warm snowless one.

Well had to buy a new furnace. Gets installed on Tuesday. Old one works when it wants too. We have the gas fireplace as a back up until Tuesday. Was going to cost $1000 to fix. Ain't dumping a grand into a 20 year old furnace.

Definitely not wise to go dumping $1000 into repairing such an old furnace.  I'm sure your new furnace will be much more efficient, so with time you will recover some of the purchase expense with savings on your gas bill.

Oh, wait, do you actually buy natural gas or do you just back up to... no, wait, I don't wanna know. :blink:

13 minutes ago, Stans said:

Oh, wait, do you actually buy natural gas or do you just back up to... no, wait, I don't wanna know. :blink:

Well I guess that depends on your definition of "Natural Gas" is. If you refer to my own produced gas, well I have a made a collection system that fills a large propane tank next to the furnace. I can get 4 days of furnace use on one Taco Bell bean burrito. In the summer I sell the gas to the Utility company. Helps to offset the rising costs of make up and toiletries for the Babes in the Babe Bunker™.

7 minutes ago, Stans said:

Well I guess that depends on your definition of "Natural Gas" is. If you refer to my own produced gas, well I have a made a collection system that fills a large propane tank next to the furnace. I can get 4 days of furnace use on one Taco Bell bean burrito. In the summer I sell the gas to the Utility company.

2 minutes ago, Donster said:

Well I guess that depends on your definition of "Natural Gas" is. If you refer to my own produced gas, well I have a made a collection system that fills a large propane tank next to the furnace. I can get 4 days of furnace use on one Taco Bell bean burrito. In the summer I sell the gas to the Utility company. Helps to offset the rising costs of make up and toiletries for the Babes in the Babe Bunker™.

2 minutes ago, Donster said:

Well I guess that depends on your definition of "Natural Gas" is. If you refer to my own produced gas, well I have a made a collection system that fills a large propane tank next to the furnace. I can get 4 days of furnace use on one Taco Bell bean burrito. In the summer I sell the gas to the Utility company.

Double post.  Itchy trigger finger? :lol:

I ate a Taco Hell bean burrito once.  It was the cheapest thing on the menu.  I have yet to repeat that mistake.

1 hour ago, Stans said:

Double post.  Itchy trigger finger? :lol:

I ate a Taco Hell bean burrito once.  It was the cheapest thing on the menu.  I have yet to repeat that mistake.

To much coffee. Gives me the shakes. Yeah, that's it. To much coffee. :D