COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Friday

Morning all. 7F under overcast skies. Wind Chill at -5F. Mostly sunny and cold. High of 8F around 10:00 AM. Then temps will steadily drop the rest of the day to below -17F tonight.

Winter wonderland morning y'all.  It was 5F at 0700, but is now all the way up to 7F.  Clear skies expected to rule this day, but the mercury will peak out at 27F.  Expecting 10-20 mph winds out of the WNW, so it will feel really cold.  Schools are closed again today, government offices and agencies as well as a large number of businesses, even the shopping malls, are opening late.  This arctic chill will be with us through Sunday, so that means the snow stays where it is.  I shoveled my driveway and cleaned the cars yesterday, it would be really nice if the county or state would plow the street, but they are still busy with the major roads.

One local death already attributed to this storm and it happened in a neighborhood very near mine.  A family from Florida was up here visiting relatives.  Their 9 year old girl was enjoying the snow by sledding down the driveway.  Unfortunately, someone in a 4 wheel drive pickup truck was also enjoying the snow packed streets and ran over her. :(

dug out of the NewEngland Snow Bomb.. now another few days of ball numbing cold!