COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Tuesday

Morning all. Overcast and 31F. We had just about every kind of precipitation method and conditions yesterday. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow, thunderstorms, thundersnow and very windy all day. We ended up with an inch of rain and an inch of snow when it was all over. Better today. Snow showers likely. Isolated bursts of heavy snow possible. Accumulation of one inch or less. High of 35F.

Lottie got a promotion already! She hasn't even gone through the training for the job she was hired for. Two departments were trying to bring her into their departments. One department won. She is going to be working in the new company software development department. This new software is replacing their old system. They have spent several millions of dollars already, and will be spending much more. They want it completed by the end of 2019. Lottie will be working with the programming Einsteins to create the proper documents for them to build into the system. Making sure they are in the proper insurance language and follow the laws of the 26 states they do business in. The software will be used of course by the company, but will be accessed by insurance agencies across the country in the states who sell their insurance. It has to support both commercial insurance and personal lines insurance (auto, home, etc). She is very excited and one happy camper!

awesome news Donnie, on that note after 29 years at HP my whole division was sold to Unisys corp. All kinds of changes going on. 

23 hours ago, Donster said:

Lottie got a promotion already! She hasn't even gone through the training for the job she was hired for. Two departments were trying to bring her into their departments. One department won. She is going to be working in the new company software development department. This new software is replacing their old system. They have spent several millions of dollars already, and will be spending much more. They want it completed by the end of 2019. Lottie will be working with the programming Einsteins to create the proper documents for them to build into the system. Making sure they are in the proper insurance language and follow the laws of the 26 states they do business in. The software will be used of course by the company, but will be accessed by insurance agencies across the country in the states who sell their insurance. It has to support both commercial insurance and personal lines insurance (auto, home, etc). She is very excited and one happy camper!

That is fantastic news!!!!

Thanks Jay and Stans. She met with the programming department yesterday (Tuesday). The two lead Einsteins are both from India. She said one speaks excellent English, where one she has to listen carefully to pick up what he is putting down. They are already pleased with a few things she pointed out to them. She is being treated with respect and professionalism. She hasn't had that for a number of years at work! Hoping she continues to be treated that way, and enjoys this new career move. I think she will. 

Hey, we're following Lotties advancement like she was our own daughter! Who knows, maybe a female VP is not beyond her reach!

9 hours ago, Whizkid said:

Hey, we're following Lotties advancement like she was our own daughter! Who knows, maybe a female VP is not beyond her reach!

She told me yesterday after I picked her up from work that her supervisor wants her to take management classes towards the end of the year. They would like to do it sooner, but the Oasis software project takes precedence right now. Even though she has been a department manager before, they want her to take the classes anyway. Mold her to the way they manage there I would imagine. I take that as they have further plans for her! :)

It certainly sounds like they may have a management position in mind for her.  This is turning out to be an incredible opportunity for Lottie.

I think so Stans. Some of the work she has done the past few days on the Oasis software project was checked over by the Head Project Programmer. He told her it was excellent work, especially with the notes she added to explain the changes she had made from the old way they had it in the system.

7 hours ago, Donster said:

I think so Stans. Some of the work she has done the past few days on the Oasis software project was checked over by the Head Project Programmer. He told her it was excellent work, especially with the notes she added to explain the changes she had made from the old way they had it in the system.

Way to go, Lottie!

Great news, Donnie :thumbsup:

Tell Lottie she's giving this old fart hope that I'll still be able to find gainful employment until I can retire ... which should be when I'm 85! LOL!