COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stans

Friday

Interesting.  The first time I posted I received an error indicating Cloudfront connection failure.  Posted again and it worked, now there are two posts.  And, I use Yahoo as my search engine and suddenly nearly every search returns with a bad request error message.  Hmmmmm... Cloudfront is... malware.  Time to do some digging.

Well, Malwarebytes turned up nothing, but going to Google and searching for Yahoo bad request error turned up a bazillion threads.  Although many solutions were offered, it seems that the root cause is Firefox.  Other web browsers work fine, but users of Firefox have the most problems with Yahoo.  Opera is suggested as a replacement for Firefox.

I got that using Firefox on Pandora this morning. No trouble with Google Chrome. Firefox having issues?

Must be.  I'm trying Opera now, first thing I noticed was that it could not directly import bookmarks from Firefox.  I was able to import them by making an HTML backup of my bookmarks.  Second thing I see is that Opera is fast, Firefox v52 has been horribly slow to load, slow to access bookmarks, and the plug-in container was prone to crashing Firefox.

Yep, it's an on again, off again proposition.  Firefox using Google never seems to be a problem, except with Google as my default search engine, Firefox ran even slower.  I'm getting used to Opera.  It is fast, not a ton of features, but I've put my most often visited websites on the speed dial page and that is more convenient than a pull down menu.  And Google does not seem to cause any slow loading with Opera.