COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Saturday

Morning all. Clear skies and 54F. The cool, less humid weather continues today. We will have a sunny and comfortable day with a high of 81F.

Evening y'all.  The sun is setting and it's down to 72F.  Guess I can tell y'all about my mission for the past few days now that it is over.  My mother-in-law will be 91 years of age in October.  She was born in and grew up in the coal country of southwest Virginia.  After she graduated high school, she left for college, met a nice man, married, and settled down in central Virginia.  After he was killed by a drunk driver and her three children were grown, she remarried and they moved to the northeast coast of Virginia.  She jumped at every chance to go back and visit her home.  The last time she was there was for the funeral of her only brother and that was five years ago.  A lot has changed since then and the remaining family out there begged for her to visit again.

So, my wife and I picked her up at the nearby retirement home in which she is currently residing on Wednesday morning.  She met us at the door, packed and ready to roll.  We had a great trip, stayed with family the entire time and she got to go back and visit all the places she had been when she was a little girl.  It was a great time, she enjoyed it very much.  I was happy to drive and lift the luggage as this could be the last time she would get such an experience.  You just never know.

Do I have any regrets?  Only regarding the amount of food I consumed.  Everyone in this family cooks and it is sort of an unwritten requirement for anyone marrying in to be able to cook well.

So, that was my summer vacation.  Wish it could have lasted longer and now I am very sad to be home in the flat plane of Virginia.

46 minutes ago, Donster said:

Sounds like a very nice trip. And a nice thing to do for your mother-in-law. :thumbsup:

Once in a while I'll do something nice.  I don't do it often, I don't want people to expect anything or think I'm a nice guy. ;)

4 hours ago, Stans said:

Once in a while I'll do something nice.  I don't do it often, I don't want people to expect anything or think I'm a nice guy. ;)

Yep. You have a reputation to think about. That 'nice guy' image can get you killed! :lol: