I have cfs1,2 and 3

I find all of them to easy after I have flowen IL-2

I sometimes go back to 1 and 2 to see old freinds I dont like 3 at all

I have cfs1,2 and 3

I find all of them to easy after I have flowen IL-2

I sometimes go back to 1 and 2 to see old freinds I dont like 3 at all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I flew both 1 and 2, but got so frustrated with MS's attitude about not

finishing its products, I never tried 3; been flying the Il-2 series since (except for a couple yrs interuption due to reality).

CFS2 had such potential, and it was growing fairly rapidly, but only due to the user made stuff and especially, the FIXES. There were so many silly bugs in that thing, like losing all roll control with one hit in a wingtip, AI bombers only dropping one bomb at a time (except for the Kate, which dropped all 3), a misn blder that was totally unreliable and as frustrating to use as a Brewster Buffalo etc. :blink:

The adon guys were great, like Greg law, Piglett, IS4G, and others who made incredible planes, ships, vehicles and effects (like nibbios gunsmoke when you fired, and his discovery of how to add wind in a misn file).

The user made cmpns really made CFS2, and I spent 6 months on my own project, (87 days of cactus-still availible on netwings). The guys that got it to work seemed to have liked it pretty good, but many couldnt, and thought I was a total moron (see the ratings on netwings-span the guauntlet). STuff just wouldnt work reliably due to the sim itself. So once i found IL2 and an excellent misn blder that worked, i never looked back.

My sig says it all, though I really enjoyed it, i just couldnt pay the price any more. I miss the community and the great adons, but it stopped being fun for a cmpn blder type like me. :unsure:

I saw the price in a Game Shop and nearly had a Heart Attack.... so I downloaded CFS1 for FREE :lol:

I have that IL:2 game but my RAM aint big enough for it.... it seems more popular and all.... but hey I like the weird and unusual.... esspecially CFS1 B)

I downloaded a shite load of Skins for different Planes, even a Junker Ju88 A4.... but I cant seem to use it or even fly it.... Im limmited down to BF 109E, BF 109G and some other Luftwaffe Plane

Is there anyway I can use these Skins, like the Ju88, on CFS1?

Is there a Forum dedicated for MS CFS users <_<

I saw the price in a Game Shop and nearly had a Heart Attack.... so I downloaded CFS1 for FREE  :lol:

I have that IL:2 game but my RAM aint big enough for it.... it seems more popular and all.... but hey I like the weird and unusual.... esspecially CFS1  B)

I downloaded a shite load of Skins for different Planes, even a Junker Ju88 A4.... but I cant seem to use it or even fly it.... Im limmited down to BF 109E, BF 109G and some other Luftwaffe Plane

Is there anyway I can use these Skins, like the Ju88, on CFS1?

Is there a Forum dedicated for MS CFS users  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go to Netwings.....use the search engine, it has CFS forums and alot of dnloads for cfs1 and 2, including my CFS2 cmpn, 87 days of cactus (4 yrs now). youre gonna need the forums, as it is usually very complicated to deal wiht most of the problems you will face, especially wiht cfs2. teh stock planes in cfs1 are very cartoonish, but teh adons are pretty good. THere is a large and talented community there that can help wiht all that, plus links ot other sites. the name of that site used to be "CFS2 Online". i hung there for a yr or more.

I was never able to use any custom skins on the ai planes, in fact, i dont think you can, but i may be wrong. CFS2 is much better, (it has a misn blder), but was far less complete and requires lots of fixes. I usually used custom planes and skins on the player plane in cfs1. the lack of a misn blder makes customization a bit odd.

there were still some user made cmpns using spreadsheets to make, but i dont know if there is much cfs1 stuff still there.

OH YEAH...... :o

I forgot about Simviation.....they had many pages of stuff for cfs1....i assume they are still around. do a google search, it will go right to it if its still online. it was the beggest collection of flgiht sim stuff on the web for yrs.

Come on then all you fans  :rolleyes:

Anyone.........  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear SturmbanFuhrer,

I found your message while searching for a hint for

resolving a trouble with my CFS2.

In short: I lost all the "texture" data for aircraft fuselage for all the planes.

The current state: the fuselage and wings are painted black. black, black.

Just like night fighters and bombers!!!!!

This is the current problem, at least.

Could you please send me the texture data for the AIRCRAFT in the folder

of your CFS2 if you have it?

This is for checking my problem.

Thank you for reading this message.

Regards,

Tatsumi,

combat flight sim buff

Yeah, I flew both 1 and 2, but got so frustrated with MS's attitude about not

finishing its products, I never tried 3; been flying the Il-2 series since (except for a couple yrs interuption due to reality).

CFS2 had such potential, and it was growing fairly rapidly, but only due to the user made stuff and especially, the FIXES. There were so many silly bugs in that thing, like losing all roll control with one hit in a wingtip, AI bombers only dropping one bomb at a time (except for the Kate, which dropped all 3), a misn blder that was totally unreliable and as frustrating to use as a Brewster Buffalo etc. :blink:

The adon guys were great, like Greg law, Piglett, IS4G, and others who made incredible planes, ships, vehicles and effects (like nibbios gunsmoke when you fired, and his discovery of how to add wind in a misn file).

The user made cmpns really made CFS2, and I spent 6 months on my own project, (87 days of cactus-still availible on netwings). The guys that got it to work seemed to have liked it pretty good, but many couldnt, and thought I was a total moron (see the ratings on netwings-span the guauntlet). STuff just wouldnt work reliably due to the sim itself. So once i found IL2 and an excellent misn blder that worked, i never looked back.

My sig says it all, though I really enjoyed it, i just couldnt pay the price any more. I miss the community and the great adons, but it stopped being fun for a cmpn blder type like me. :unsure: