COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stag

Just a thought...

Though I seem to remember that CFS2 and 3 are not compatable the same way as CFS was with 2, but anyone considered downloading 1% Pacific aircraft, bunging terrain and ship files from 2 into 3, and having at Johnny Sushi?

Yep, that was really the impetus behind this new forum. CFS3 has a sucky reputation, Over Flanders Fields overcomes many of the problems in CFS3. If OFF can be modified for World War Two Pacific Operations, we would at least be able to fly missions in the Solomon Islands. Unfortunately, MS chose to not include operating carriers in CFS3, there is a work around, but even that has severe limitations that would make carrier ops highly difficult at best.

I think the planes don't sail along with the carriers and fall off the end if it moves! And I doubt there will be any more naval AI than Oleg gave us.

I think the planes don't sail along with the carriers and fall off the end if it moves! And I doubt there will be any more naval AI than Oleg gave us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are correct on both counts.

Ah yes, but what can be done with those SDKs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just dl'd the mission builder, mission editor, and terrain making SDKs, Skipper.

I'm in the process of dl'ng the Gmax stuff that is needed for the aircraft, buildings, and whatever SDK.

But until I get my copy of CFS3............I gotta wait to install everything I have and are about to dl.

Once that is done, then we will see what can be done with SDKs. <_<

PS. Anybody give me a reason why, in an atl history universe, there couldn't have been primitive aircraft carriers plying the waters of Lake Erie during WWI? ;):lol:

No reason why not.

There was at least one carrier on Lake Michigan during WWII for pilot training. It was a CVE not a fleet one and I'm fair certain it was built somewhere along the Lakes but...no reason if there was a need for one that a carrier couldn't be built for and operated on the Great Lakes.

:popcornsmilie:

No reason why not.

There was at least one carrier on Lake Michigan during WWII for pilot training. It was a CVE not a fleet one and I'm fair certain it was built somewhere along the Lakes but...no reason if there was a need for one that a carrier couldn't be built for and operated on the Great Lakes.

:popcornsmilie:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok a CVE, flying off bi-planes during WW ONE? :rolleyes::popcornsmilie:

Ok a CVE, flying off bi-planes during WW ONE? :rolleyes:  :popcornsmilie:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, it was WW II. The Great Lakes made a good training ground for carrier ops, at least during the warmer months.

No, it was WW II.  The Great Lakes made a good training ground for carrier ops, at least during the warmer months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it was WWII, I talking about an idea I got floating around inside my head.

The Toronto Front....... :o:rofl:

I know it was WWII, I talking about an idea I got floating around inside my head.

The Toronto Front....... :o  :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How long would that campaign last? Fifteen minutes?

Would you believe it lasted 4 years.

And you'll be flying for the Canadians.......... :o  :o  :blink:  :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a very long time ago, think it would take 4 years today? :D

I'm speaking of us invading Toronto.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh,come on,Stans,we're not that hard up,are we?

Anyway,I thought the Toronto Front went from about Kingsway to Yonge St?

I'm speaking of us invading Toronto.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right and it took us 4 years of heavy trench warfare to do it.

Actually I was sitting here, scratching my head and wondering what revisionist history book you were reading! :blink:

Alt History......a series called "The Great War" by Harry Turtledove.

Postulates WWI taking place in North America. North invades Canada and the South.

Gangs o'fun