COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunny

My first "Oh Sh!t" moment.

So, I get tasked with my afternoon flight. My wingman and I are to wander over and patrol a llittle stretch of No-man's land, make sure Jerry isn't making a nuisance of himself, and venture home. So we take off and form up and fly to our to first waypoint. Now, I'm still kinda in awe of the game and all so I'm taking a peek at the trenches and barages and such but I notice an engine what sounds pretty close. I wandered a little off course so I figure it's my friend here adjusting. Then, I remember one patrol I flew in an Albatros (you know, had to find how the other lives) and when I did one turn to many, one of my wingmen and I joined in that long plunge toward the ground. "Hmmmm" thinks I. I look and my wingman is over to the right. Odd, he usually flies to my left. I didn't think there were three of us up there so I peek over to the left. Nope, nobody there. I looked back to the right and .............."OH SH!T!!!!" I threw the control stick forward, lost about 500ft of altitude, watched as this bastard occupied the space I had just vacated, cursing him the whole way. Needless to say I kept an extra close eye on this guy the rest of the flight. He got close several times. Don't know if he was bored and was gettin his jollies by giving me a heart attack or what. Word of advice, if you hear engine noise that aint yours, duck.

And no, I was not his wingman this time!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going to ask if you had OFF! :rofl:

I was going to ask if you had OFF! :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, especially since the plumber's bill came to $655!!!!!! :superscare:

geez. you had your own "Oh Sh!t" moment

Yeah, but the Apollo hot water home heating system works great and it saved me from $6000 to $8000 in converting this house to heat pumps. So it's all in perspective now!!!