COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mane_raptor

Need help Installing OFF

Ok, I got CFS3 installed and patched to 3.1.

Installed and initialized OFF and patched, so far to 0.34. I'm ready to go to patch 0.35, but I noticed that there is a patch 0.34 multiplayer.

Should I go ahead and bring her up to 0.35, or run the 0.34 multiplayer thingmie first?

Anybody have a list of the the patch order they did?

Do them in order Mane, I did the .34 MP patch before I did the .35 patch. Don't know if it will mess with anything but hasn't seemed to...then again I haven't done MP yet either soooo that's not big verification of anything.

But how they keep saying patch them in numerical order I figured better safe than sorry.

Before you run OFF you have to run CFS3 once too, don't forget to do that. :thumbsup:

Already ran CFS3 once prior to starting this OFF bit and it felt like I needed to take a shower afterwards.

Yeah, CFS3 sucks the big one. OFF is totally not CFS3. Had my best mission with the latest pilot, right up till I landed and died of my wounds. I tangled with four Albatroses, I won the battle, all four went down, but they kinda won the war.

Ok FINALLY got this puppy up and running............

Folks one big clue to a successful install and launch.

READ THE E'FFIN' MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had done some sort of nasty on the patch install because once I fired it up, the machine hung on the scene wher your hangin around the airfield. The cursor just sat in the hourglass config and I could not get anywhere. I was about ready to uninstall and re-install and curse Billy Boy from head to toe, when I decided to check out the manual for OFF.

And there it was...mention of a little matter of adjusting the CFS3 config file. A couple of button presses later and I was in my Camel and flying over France.

Never did come across the front lines (yes I did fly east). But that's a small matter. Now I gotta set up a Cougar tmj and tmm file and do some more flying with this puppy.

Yup, Schatt, OFF is worth it, but I still don't like warm beer. :thumbsup:

Where do i get all the patches and stuff ?????