COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Canuck

SH3

I cant wait to get a friends SH2 cd back, now that i've figured its the scope that usually does me in (no small thanks to ya, skip). Is there much difference between 2 and 3? And how long on an average can you sail at cruising speed?

Never played 2 as the initial reports were not favorable. I'd gone the Destroyer route, which was going to be the companion to the SH2. You were going to be able to merge the two and play online with other folks as either the destroyer commander or the U-boat skipper. Neither worked well and didn't never worked together. I know Destroyer Commander was buggy as all hell. Pretty game and pretty well done as far as the graphic and visuals, but bugs that wouldn't allow you to finish missions and the like killed it for me. Plus you couldn't play it on any OS after 98. Don't know if it would work in XP. May have to pull it out and find out.

SH3, I'm told, is head and shoulders above all others in the series. I know the first thing that struck me was the water. Having spent much of my adult life on the water, I can tell you it looks and moves like the real ocean. The graphics are stunning and the game play rocks.

As for sailing range, depends on the boat. Type II will hardly get you to Scapa Flow and back to Wilhelmshaven while you can make the US coast if you use the lower engine settings in a Type IIV.

Well lads, my war just took a turn for the better. No more Type II for this ole Kapitan. Nope, got me a brand new Type VIIB. More details following my next little cruise.

hehehehe...............Skipper was reading it in the mirror while he was trying out his new white Uboat Skipper's hat!!! :lol:

Never played 2 as the initial reports were not favorable. I'd gone the Destroyer route, which was going to be the companion to the SH2. You were going to be able to merge the two and play online with other folks as either the destroyer commander or the U-boat skipper. Neither worked well and didn't never worked together. I know Destroyer Commander was buggy as all hell. Pretty game and pretty well done as far as the graphic and visuals, but bugs that wouldn't allow you to finish missions and the like killed it for me. Plus you couldn't play it on any OS after 98. Don't know if it would work in XP. May have to pull it out and find out.

SH3, I'm told, is head and shoulders above all others in the series. I know the first thing that struck me was the water. Having spent much of my adult life on the water, I can tell you it looks and moves like the real ocean. The graphics are stunning and the game play rocks.

As for sailing range, depends on the boat. Type II will hardly get you to Scapa Flow and back to Wilhelmshaven while you can make the US coast if you use the lower engine settings in a Type IIV.

Ya missed one, skip :P:rofl::rofl::rofl: