COMBATSIM Forum
Cartoon

Patching the standalone version

Installed 3.00 of PF standalone.

Found this page: http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/updates.php

Contains info on all the patches.

There is a catch tho, you need to replace "updatees" in many of the URLs with "patches".

I got these files now:

pf_v303.exe

pf_v304.exe

pf_v401.exe

pf_v402.exe

PF_patch403.zip

pf_404.exe

The one file named differently is from one of the alternate sites for that download, don't know why it is is named like that.

Now, it's time to install the lot... wish me luck! Will update here with sitreps. Don't report me awol for at least a week :lol:

Maybe not... but I do know that I installed them, in order, and PF seems to work perfectly.

Now, I only have to learn how to push the planes to the limit and still retain control ;)

Edit: re-checked the website I linked to above:

"Stand-alone (100Mb) > installs over version 3.03/3.04: "

So Stans is correct, 3.04 is not really needed.

Maybe not... but I do know that I installed them, in order, and PF seems to work perfectly.

Now, I only have to learn how to push the planes to the limit and still retain control ;)

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots.

Hehe, that's why I love simulators :D Where we can all walk away from a crash. Just got me a new joystick too, one with rudder control on the stick (by twisting the stick). My previous trusty old FlightStick II had to go, because my computer no longer has a joystick port. Never missed easy access to the rudder much on jets, but it's very nice on props.

Anyway, for reference, this are the files and their sizes:

15.03.2006  00:11		21 463 694 pf_404.exe

14.03.2006  22:29		50 393 736 PF_patch403.zip

14.03.2006  22:59	   105 004 961 pf_v303.exe

14.03.2006  22:29		19 725 643 pf_v304.exe

14.03.2006  22:38	   104 829 006 pf_v401.exe

14.03.2006  22:26		26 070 309 pf_v402.exe

Cartoon,

I have a standing offer on the table, been there since, oh, 1997-98, when I first joined the Old CSim.

A case of Beer (your choice of brand) to anyone that can show me an actual WWII combat fighter aircraft in which the pilot used a "twisty stick" for rudder control.

Pedals, man, that's what your feet are for!!!!!

So far no one has collected :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hehe, yea... but I don't have pedals... so I have to make do with the second best. And believe me, a twisty stick is better than nothing ;)

Geg, those of us who have seen you fly have come to the conclusion that you have some sort of device that lets you control your aircraft with your thoughts. :D

Joystick? Flight sim? Computer? Aircraft? Wheel? Fire? Water? Ugh? Ug ug boog ugga?!?!!!

Hmmm... sounds like Geg has crashed and needs to be rebooted. Where's Jen, she might be able to reboot him. :D