COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunny

Silent Hunter IV

Back in December, the SH3 team had put out an advertisement asking for programers for SH IV. Anybody heard anything else on this one? Like how far along they are?

I think so. I'm hoping so at least. I like the U-boats and all, but I like the warm climes and sinking Jap ships is a BIG plus.

Had an update on this.................looks like its still a go for 07................but some are saying earlier as the engine will not be changed just the new maps, subs and ships for the pacific etc.

Lets hope so!!

Don't get me wrong, the U-boats are cool and the action is intense. But, I'm an American, I want my S-boat, the Gato and the Bello class subs and lots of little Japanese merchants to sink.

This just in at SUBSIM.................good news.....................

Silent Hunter IV: Underway

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

The big buzz on the web is that Ubisoft has begun planning and work on Silent Hunter IV. Now Subsim can confirm this is not wishful thinking or rumor. The new dev team has been assembled, returning many of the SH3 vets from programming, graphics, and design, under the direction of Producer Ionut Grozea and Project Manager Emil Gheorghe. The team is currently in the planning phase with work to begin at once.

Silent Hunter IV will return the series to the Pacific, with American submarines taking the starring role. SH4 will use the same game engine and dynamic campaign as SH3 with some improvements.

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Looking forward to this. Get back in my Gato class.

Yeah, I want this one, but I'm at a point right now the system needs some upgrading and that's where the cash flow is leaning right now. Soon I hope to be cruising the Pacific depths.

anyone see the films? thier trying to auction a 22fot sub replica on ebay. who would buy that?? wheream i gonna put a 22ft sub??

You going to need a 23ft bathtub!!!!! :rofl: