COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MGonzales

Some pics...

One of my all-time favorite sims.

This and the Tornado that pre-dates this, by the same folks, were inspired.

They had gameplay features so ahead of their time you still don't see them. Like the ALARM with loiter, the TIALD that you can watch

as the GBU rips in and tears the target up!

And the campaign systems for both were second to none.

I'm pretty sure i have the Strategy Guide somewhere in my komputer kloset of khaos, as I had to pitch the old boxes, but the wife could

not force the tossing of books! :)

Excellent 1st pair of posts, so a hearty welcome to ya MGonzales!

And yeah know, since you have me in reminisce mode, the graphics aren't that terrible.

But if someone got the original source code, and revamped the GRAPHICS ONLY, as all else was excellent, called it something like

EF-2000 Deployed!

Or some such, it would sell a million and a half!

Welcome to our site, Mark :)

Yeah, lots of good memories looking at those pics.

EF2000 was it back in the day.

COMBATSIM.COM came to be as a result of that sim, but that's another story :):thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. I'm really just getting into EF2000 and two other old sims from the same developer...

http://www.lt-solutions.com/images/ADF.JPG

http://www.lt-solutions.com/images/Desk.JPG

BTW, I drive with a Saitek X52 now.

I also have the F22 ADF/TAW Strategy Guide on the way. For whatever reasons these sims have clicked with me like no other, graphics be damned. I like playing them both because they contrast each other so well (from a/c to theater). I too wish there was just a graphics update to EF2000 available.

--

Mark

Oh, and I can't thank CombatSim enough for keeping the archived documents available for these DID sims. I REALLY appreciate that, as well as the archived forums (lots of good info there too).

SimHQ is my virtual home and I know there’s some friction there but that's none of my business, I appreciate both boards and I'm just glad there's a place like CombatSim that still keeps archives for these old sims. I became a paying customer just for those resources (then it became free, of course).

Many thanks CombatSim!

--

Mark

Hey Mark,

Sorry I missed your last reply here.

Nice to know you were one of the folks who subscribed and helped us get through the bubble burst of 1999 :D Thank you!

Keeping the old articles available on the web is kind of a sacred trust (at least I feel that way). I just wish I had the time to sort through all the old content and get it better organized...but there's just too much of it!

You've got some real treasures there with all those old EF2K manuals and strategy guides. Hang on to them, who knows what they'll be worth in another ten years, eh?

:)

My DID collection is now more or less complete...

DID_S.JPG

Hi-res pic...

http://www.lt-solutions.com/images/DID_L.JPG

But these are the real gems in my "new" collection...

DID_FSS.JPG

Higher-res pic...

http://www.lt-solutions.com/images/DID_FSL.JPG

Dated graphics and FMs be damned, I've never enjoyed flight simming so much since Microprose's F-117 Stealth Fighter! I'm really just getting started with these sims and will be playing them for a long long time. :)

--

Mark