COMBATSIM Forum

"Super" Bowl?

Well, God bless you Skipper...but you ain't missing much. Pretty much an ugly game. Twice now, I've seen one team fumble, and the other team get the ball...and very next play, fumble it back.

And I hope for Rex Grossmans sake, that he retire's from pro football after this game. As a matter of fact, he better just plan not to ever go back to Chicago ever again. I expect that in several locations in Chi-town right now, that the are already heating up the tar, gathering feathers, and finding a suitable pole...

Boats

Congrats to Tony Dungy and the Colts. Gross Rexman played his usual game. Da Bears vaunted defense couldn't stop the run, even with their criminal Tank Johnson in the game. Urlacher was his usual over-rated self when a good offensive line is playing against him. To let an indoor team beat you outdoors in the rain...well Da Bears should think about killin' themselves for lettin' that happen to 'em.

Oh and I don't think Peyton Manning deserved MVP either. Should of gone to either Addai or Rhodes. They were the big contributors.

Yeah, Donny, but it was hard to really pick someone who stood out clearly. And Manning kept his cool. Even when it got really ugly for Indy, kept his cool, and that is more important than anything else. And, when presented with his Caddy, the first and only thing he talked about, was "the team". Period. End. Dot. Give the man credit for that, he didn't ask for the award...but he damn sure gave the credit where it was due.

Boats, who is NOT an Indy fan, much less a Peyton Manning fan

Was it just me, or was that the lamest, gayest, WORST pre-game to a Super Bowl ever?

Boats

Yes, yes it was lame. It looked totally disorganized and rather slipshod in fact. I commented to my wife that it seemed like the camera director told a flunkie just to point the camera "wherever" and went outside the broadcast trailer for a smoke.

I guess it was staged by Cirque du Soleil. They are known for amazing choreography, but this thing was bad! Oh, and yes, it looked totally gay. And what was with all the plus-size cheerleaders and dancers? Dudes, lay off the Hagen Daz, you've got a show to do!

Half-time was better. Prince is quite the showman, I have to say. Pissing rain and he kicked it out like a pro; he even threw off his adorable I-just-got-finished-scrubbing-the-kitchen-floor head scarf halfway through the set (what was with that thing, btw!?). Someone will be selling it on Ebay tomorrow, I'm sure.

Good game. Great action. They should soak down the field with rain machines at all Super Bowls from now on.

I missed the pre-game show, but I caught nearly all of the action of the game. The name should have been changed from the Super Bowl to the Fumble Bowl. Something like four turn overs in the first quarter! The rain definitely had an impact on the game and the Colts and Bears were simply slogging it out. I was thinking the Bears might win when they started the game by scoring a touch down on the kick off return, but the Colts got fired up and Manning starting a short pass game that was the ticket to scoring.

The post game show was nice, great to see everyone had the team spirit. There is no "I" in team and that attitude came across nicely. Great coaching, great team and they gave God the glory. Nice to see the Colts win.

There will be no man-council meeting to discuss Archie's man card. It is now revoked, henceforth and forevermore. Do not pass go, do not collect your free BBQ set.

Skipper, that's it. Archie needs to have his Man card revoked in the worst way...watching PBS instead of the ultimate man-show? Miss all that testosterone for Miss Marple? You gotta be sh!tting me! :nuke:

Cartoon, you're gonna lose some points for that one yourself :spank:

Boats

This was the first Superbowl I have actually watched from start to finish, didn't bother with the pre-game fluff. Liked Tony Dungy's speech at the end, great to see a man standing by his faith principles especially in a sport where greed, ego and excess thrives.

A good man and a well deserved victory!