COMBATSIM Forum

A new EAW.exe for testing

See HERE

rel02.JPG

rel01.JPG

If this exe works okay on a wide variety of machines, then great possibilities open up for EAW modding.

If you can please test out this package.

Download from HERE

Extract from the readme:

This version has been released for testing by the EAW community.

I need to know if the program runs on your PC. At this stage I am not

interested in improving it, until I have had sufficient feedback

regarding running problems.

If you get a CTD on a system that normally runs EAW please let me know:

Brief details of when the CTD occurred.

Brief details of your system (Operating system, and graphics card in particular)

If there are no major problems then please let us know that too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have tested the new Eaw.exe successfully on a PC with XP and a GeForce 7600GT w/latest driver, that gave the 7217 error.

Not only you can fly bombers but EAW runs extremely well. Even the ‘Careers’ briefing screens are fine (not garbled)

Regards

06Harry

Hi

I have tested the new Eaw.exe successfully on a PC with XP and a GeForce 7600GT w/latest driver, that gave the 7217 error.

Not only you can fly bombers but EAW runs extremely well. Even the ‘Careers’ briefing screens are fine (not garbled)

Regards

06Harry

I'm confused here. How can you run it with a 7127 error?

I'm confused here. How can you run it with a 7127 error?

Hi JimCobb

Well yes I downloaded the new EAW.Exe on top of an EAW 1.26e install and it worked very well, better than another EAW install I have, with ‘Jim fix’ on the same PC. All the EAW menu screens are as good as on a PC with WIN98.

You should try it and see for yourself, for me it was a revelation.

My PC spec is: Athlon 64 3000+, WinXP SP2, GeForce 7600GT, 2Gb RAM

All the best

06harry

Hi JimCobb

Well yes I downloaded the new EAW.Exe on top of an EAW 1.26e install and it worked very well, better than another EAW install I have, with ‘Jim fix’ on the same PC. All the EAW menu screens are as good as on a PC with WIN98.

You should try it and see for yourself, for me it was a revelation.

My PC spec is: Athlon 64 3000+, WinXP SP2, GeForce 7600GT, 2Gb RAM

All the best

06harry

Thanks.

OK, it runs!! Thanks.

A couple of things:

My joystick doesn't seem to work on realistic flight controls.

The arming board breaks the graphics up.

Should I copy everything from AFB into the main dir?

Hi JimCobb

I quote from Mr. Jelly’s original post: “For players not using OAW then the contents of each of the three folders needs to go in your EAW directory- I repeat "the contents" - not the folders themselves.

Please take note of the warnings in the "contents.txt" file below. If you are not using OAW then make sure that you back up you existing "eaw.exe" and your "d3d.dll"

You can see the post at: Frugal’s World of Simulations-Prop Sims-EAW

I am sorry, cannot advise you on the joystick. I have an USB joystick, a Logitech ‘WingMan Extreme’ and works well very with all my EAW installs. All the joystick settings were included on my original EAW install, which I keep on a CD. I just copy and paste it anywhere as many times as I need, and then install on top anything I fancy like a new scenario, new exe, whatever.

The funny graphics after checking the arming board are 'normal' at least until a new release, I guess

I trust this will be of some help

All the best

06harry

Hi JimCobb

I quote from Mr. Jelly’s original post: “For players not using OAW then the contents of each of the three folders needs to go in your EAW directory- I repeat "the contents" - not the folders themselves.

Please take note of the warnings in the "contents.txt" file below. If you are not using OAW then make sure that you back up you existing "eaw.exe" and your "d3d.dll"

You can see the post at: Frugal’s World of Simulations-Prop Sims-EAW

I am sorry, cannot advise you on the joystick. I have an USB joystick, a Logitech ‘WingMan Extreme’ and works well very with all my EAW installs. All the joystick settings were included on my original EAW install, which I keep on a CD. I just copy and paste it anywhere as many times as I need, and then install on top anything I fancy like a new scenario, new exe, whatever.

The funny graphics after checking the arming board are 'normal' at least until a new release, I guess

I trust this will be of some help

All the best

06harry

Roger that. Thanks

Loading the other files fixed the joystick.

Good to hear the new testing exe is working okay. Thanks for taking the time.

As Pobs says above, we are working on a new version that will hopefully contain many new goodies, and fix some long outstanding problems or restrictions.

I've alerted Mr. Jelly to this thread.

This is basically a testing exe to check that it works okay with systems and video cards.

It has a few fixes and refinements from work the Code Group has been been doing, simply as a taster.

All existing EAW mods should work with it as with any other general EAW exe version.

Moggy DCM

dcm.jpg