Sunday

Stans

Morning all. I spent most of Friday evening and yesterday testing Nvidia video card drivers and experimenting with overclocking the CPU. So far my overclocking effort has been fairly good, CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 4000+, stock is 2.4 GHz, I've got it running at 2.760 GHz on the stock cooler. Anything beyond this seems unstable, guess I didn't get one that is a stellar overclocker, but a 15% gain is better than nothing. My RAM overclocking is a bit odd. In the BIOS it shows a fair overclock (420 MHz), but CPUZ indicates that it is running at almost the same as the RAM specifications (394 MHz). It is Corsair Value Select, so I don't know if this is a RAM issue, motherboard issue, or if CPUZ is wrong. Anyway, the RAM overclock did help a little.

Today I may try overclocking the video card, a Leadtek 7950GT with 512MB RAM. I'm doing to this computer what I did to my previous computer in its last six months of use as a gaming rig, overclock it as much as possible to get as much performance out of it as possible.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day, right now it's off to church to be grateful for all that I have been given.

Noise levels weren't TOO bad last night. A fiend wants me to come out this afternoon to the fair but, gee, I forgot to plug in my chair last night. I'll miss my opportunity to get bumped by aging hippies, buy over-priced bad beer and get stung by yellow jackets. I'm truly desolee.

Noise levels weren't TOO bad last night. A fiend wants me to come out this afternoon to the fair but, gee, I forgot to plug in my chair last night. I'll miss my opportunity to get bumped by aging hippies, buy over-priced bad beer and get stung by yellow jackets. I'm truly desolee.

Jim, do you get many fiends inviting you to the fair?