First Eagles

JimCobb

Wizard wheeze, though I'm not sure the Project one engine is quite what a WWI sim needs. Torque modelling seems to be poor to non-existent, but the eye-candy is nice. Don't think anyone else here has it, or they're keeping awfully mum about it.

Wizard wheeze, though I'm not sure the Project one engine is quite what a WWI sim needs. Torque modelling seems to be poor to non-existent, but the eye-candy is nice. Don't think anyone else here has it, or they're keeping awfully mum about it.

I have it but haven't done much with it yet, An expansion pack just came out with more planes and campaigns. Both original and expansion are $29.99 USD.

Have original, plus freeware downloads. The Camel is freeware, and it's infamous torque effects are absent. If there's a version of Tom Sopwith's finest in the expansion, I may be tempted, just to see if P1 have managed to integrate prop-jobs properly into the engine. Otherwise, I'll give it a miss.

There was a 3rd party Camel, well it still exists, but as of this last weekend, there is an expansion available.

I have yet to purchase it, am holding out for the next jet one, set in Israel.

Mixed signals on the WW1 expansion, some folks having CTD issues, others bubbling and gushing about such things as finally having an on/off switch, was one of my

personal peeves, and static aircraft at aerodromes.

I liked the original, flew a campaign, then a few of the add-on aircraft, then sort of lost interest. Not as hip on wings with wires, or just a lack of depth? I dunno.

I used to really like Red Baron 3D...