Now here's a REAL enthusiast!

Whizkid

I just chanced on this link, as I'm thinking of building my own flying/racing cockpit, but this guys setup is awesome! I'm drooling and trying to think of ways to justify it, especially the projector!

http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=4.0

Yeaaaaaaah... uhhhh... let me know how you justify something like that. If your justification works, maybe I can try the same line. :lol:

Yeah, a dedicated sim-pit of some sort sure would be nice, but I don't have the space for any such thing. :(

Mane Raptor actually built two sim-pits, linked them so he could fly or drive with the person in the adjacent pit or both could get online at the same time.

Here's a sim-pit for sale.

Sim-pit on eBay for sale

Yeah, but it's only parts of it he's selling, and anyway it's in Ramsgate, UK, and from the dialog he sounds like a bit of an idiot, probably a reject of the English education system! I'll pass!

Yeaaaaaaah... uhhhh... let me know how you justify something like that. If your justification works, maybe I can try the same line. :lol:

Yeah, a dedicated sim-pit of some sort sure would be nice, but I don't have the space for any such thing. :(

Mane Raptor actually built two sim-pits, linked them so he could fly or drive with the person in the adjacent pit or both could get online at the same time.

I remember that pit he built. Wonder if he still has it. I'm trying to figure out how the guy in the first link hooks up the projector to his tower?

Those sort of projectors hook directly to your vid card with a VGA or DVI cable, same as if it were a monitor. We use them at work for presentations all the time.

That setup looks to me to have the benefit of when you're not using it, you could put it away pretty easily. That might help sell it. The table might double as a place to set your TV dinner while watching a movie using your computer's DVD player and the projector. We're talking multimedia now. Think, I dunno, romantic evening with Casablanca or something playing. I'm working on selling points here Whiz. The screenpaint he's talking about probably doesn't look all that different from white paint in daylight and it saves having to get an expensive and cumbersome screen. This is sounding better and better. :)

Those sort of projectors hook directly to your vid card with a VGA or DVI cable, same as if it were a monitor. We use them at work for presentations all the time.

That setup looks to me to have the benefit of when you're not using it, you could put it away pretty easily. That might help sell it. The table might double as a place to set your TV dinner while watching a movie using your computer's DVD player and the projector. We're talking multimedia now. Think, I dunno, romantic evening with Casablanca or something playing. I'm working on selling points here Whiz. The screenpaint he's talking about probably doesn't look all that different from white paint in daylight and it saves having to get an expensive and cumbersome screen. This is sounding better and better. :)

Neddie, could you tell me what make or type of Projector we're talking about here? Can you imagine playing Grand Prix Legends in Monaco on a five or six foot wide screen! Or Pacific Fighters? Woo-hoo! I just bought a sport-car seat from the local wrecking yard out of a Fiero for $25, and it's spotless! I'm on my way! Now I have to troll the Internet for info and plans for the set-up.