Wednesday

Stans

Evening all , my daughter went to the dentist today , the outcome was the dentist discussed new plans for a Olympic sized swimming pool in his back yard .................i had better get back to work soon

Writing and coop budger. If I can get through this week, I'll be good to go the rest of the year.

FYI, I re-discovered the box stores aren't the only answer. I've been roling past a kids store on the Square for years. I now have a six-month old grand nephew and had no idea what to buy. My trip to box stores having failed Saturday, I dropoped in to the small one. Fantastic selection and good service.

Support the indies!!

One more day of work after today then I am off to set up for Deer Hunting in Mid-Nothern Wisconsin!!!

7mm Mag is all sighted in and I am ready to....

Fall asleep in my deer stand like I always do. Love to hunt but not a serious hunter. :)

So you are looking at a big orthodontic treatment? I can tell you that around here ortho averages $5000.

Is that all, Stans? Come to California and make the BIG bucks! My wife needed a three teeth bridge, for which our Dentist smilingly quoted $6000 (including mouthwash!) She politely thanked him, and as she has a brother who lives in El Salvador she hopped a plane for $567 round trip, is getting oral surgery included, (they found some bone damage under the old bridge after removing it) and will be back December 20th, all for a cost of $2000, from a Dentist trained in the US at UOP! The wife is the Dentist and the husband the makes the bridges! So far she is delighted with the work, and gets her stitches out this week. I'd rather buy American, but on Social Security what can we do? The only downside is that I have to look after myself for five weeks!

Yeah, that's all for my neck of the woods, but then a 1700 square foot house on 1/2 acre of land doesn't cost $1 million here either. Near Washington, D.C., the prices are much higher, so it really depends upon where you live. By the way, a lot of crowns, bridges, partials and dentures are now being made outside of the U.S. I get advertisements from discount labs on a daily basis, all promising to make gold crowns for $50. My local lab charges me $200 for the same crown. The difference is that my local lab does everything here, the discount labs ship the impressions to China where the crown is made, then ship it back. It would be a lot cheaper for me to go with a discount lab, but let's see, Chinese toys for our children are filled with lead paint or GHB (date rape drug), wheat products contaminated with rat poison, and now new hard drives made in China have viruses pre-installed. No thanks, who knows what they would put into dental work! :superscare: