Donster

Today's headlines...

ArmA: Gold Announced

Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory - v2.07 Update Patch

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Demo

Thermaltake Launches V1R RAM Cooler

Review: Gigabyte G-Power 2 Pro CPU Cooler

Next-gen Radeons to be Multi-core?

"A quiet start to this final week of November, so check out what we have for today's headlines at COMBATSIM.COM!"

ArmA <sigh>

I had such high hopes for that title. I never play it. I should just free up the HD space and dump it.

What's the skinny on Codemasters' Operation Flashpoint 2 these days? I went to their website, but it's short on even basic info about the game.

ArmA <sigh>

I had such high hopes for that title. I never play it. I should just free up the HD space and dump it.

What's the skinny on Codemasters' Operation Flashpoint 2 these days? I went to their website, but it's short on even basic info about the game.

Oh, ye of little faith. I know what you mean though, but the addons are beginning to trickle in. You may nor realise it, but it took a couple of years for OFP to reach the degree of third-party development it attained, so if I were you I wouldn't shit-can it just yet.

The development kit is now out BTW, in case you didn't know. Setup is shitloads easier than it was with OFP, as is using it, if you want to try your hand. But it still requires time and patience.

Rotary FM out of the box hasn't changed, though I think I like it better than OFP; at least you can actually bank the helo now. It's possible that the flight model could me made more to your liking by messing around with the centre of gravity of the aircraft (I'm assuming that's your gripe) so that the axis is at the rotor, because it doesn't seem to be at the moment. The first all new third party troops have appeared; Israeli defence force. They're not the best, but they are the first, and I don't doubt development will continue. New weapons are around though nothing on the scale of the SJB weapons pack, but that is being ported over to ArmA. several scripts exist to make the artillery present actually behave like artillery, and I suspect a lot more goodies will appear around Christmas; A lot of OFP developers have a habit of releasing things over the holidays.

Maybe it's about time we trotted ArmA out for a run. I'll start compiling a list of the best Shiny Things,™ compile a quick dirty mission and we light up the terrain?

What do you think?

[snip]

Maybe it's about time we trotted ArmA out for a run. I'll start compiling a list of the best Shiny Things,™ compile a quick dirty mission and we light up the terrain?

What do you think?

Ummm? Yeah! :)

I'm not going to abandon my Corsair or anything, but I'm totally up for a leg mission or two. :thumbsup: