COMBATSIM Forum

hello CombatSim

well SimHQ is down, because of bad weather.

I remember when me and my SimHQ buddies were having a thread about where to divert if SimHQ ever shut down the TAW forum. :)

I'd pick this place.

too bad it seems so.. desolate over here right now. :unsure:

does anybody play TAW anymore? just curious. :icon_salute3:

• 1 month later...

It's a tad quiet these days because everyone has gone into suspended animation mode.

I am the holographic robot that maintains the sleep stasis pods.

Everyone went into stasis because they didn't like the current crop of combat sims and the economy sucks.

I'll wake everyone up when things improve ;)

Jolly,

I used to be a big TAW player, and I know that one of our old guard, Zhukov, was building a retro rig for the specific purpose of playing TAW.

EF2000, F22: ADF, and TAW were staples of my gaming back in the late 1990s. These days, when I do fly, I tend to gravitate to the WWII air combat genre because I like the close-in dogfighting.

So what's new these days with TAW? Can it be installed and run on WinXP without too many hassles?

His F22_2008 runs like buttah on my XP SP2 rig.

Unfortunately, it was the full install, so got yanked from some other place.

It is odd, because I had just installed TAW on a lark before he posted up on the "newer" version, which allows 1024 x 768.

That bit there, by it's lonesome, won't break any rules. Maybe you could do just that Jolly07.

I had started getting back into it, but a whole bunch of new stuff has been released over at CombatAce for the Thirdwire sims, and it has distracted me.

Probably be back to it in a bit...

does anybody play TAW anymore? just curious. :icon_salute3:

Hi Jolly07.

My TAW & ADF runs great on my new "Quad Core" CPU box with my 3dfx pass-thru card & Nvidia 8800 GT card, using Win XP.

Neph & I still fly online using TAW Battle Commander.

I gave up on flying TAW online with anyone else.

I moved over to Falcon 4 with Striker's Saturday campaign guys.

Will SimHQ BB come back online? Will the TAW topics be eliminated?

Hi Jolly07.

My TAW & ADF runs great on my new "Quad Core" CPU box with my 3dfx pass-thru card & Nvidia 8800 GT card, using Win XP.

Neph & I still fly online using TAW Battle Commander.

I gave up on flying TAW online with anyone else.

I moved over to Falcon 4 with Striker's Saturday campaign guys.

wow, major upgrade, man. haha.

it's OK, I know how Falcon 4 is, it's a good sim, but I stick w/ TAW.. although I might get into online action sometime.

as for SimHQ, well they're down for upgrading and stuff. and I really don't think the TAW topics will be eliminated. why should they?

Perhaps Hawx's dark and quite pessimistic prognostics

may unfortunately become true and sad reality. This break from daily SimHQ TAW forum activity is not healthy for sure. Nothing is really happening here, what makes us think and hope that this would change once SimHQ goes back on.

Perhaps Hawx's dark and quite pessimistic prognostics

may unfortunately become true and sad reality. This break from daily SimHQ TAW forum activity is not healthy for sure. Nothing is really happening here, what makes us think and hope that this would change once SimHQ goes back on.

why worry, Polak? they're not going to scrap our TAW forum.

not as long as there are people caring about it.. even if 90% don't even post.

they'd lose the most dedicated TAW community on the internet today. :rolleyes:

right.. and even if they'd scrap it, again something highly improbable, we'd just get on w/ our modding here.

it's not the place that counts, it's the people. :thumbsup:

the worst thing that can happen in my view is v.2 never getting released. now THAT's what really scares me.