Donster

Today's headlines...

Book Review: Armored Thunderbolt: The U.S. Army Sherman in World War II

Microsoft’s Chris Early, Head of Games for Windows Live, Among the Layoffs

Crysis Warhead DRM Deauthorization Tool Released

PC Game Review: War Plan Pacific

Call of Duty: World at War v1.1 Mod Tools

Men of War Closed Beta Test

War Plan Pacific Refitted And Ready For Action!

Review: Prolimatech Megahalems LGA 775 and LGA 1366 Cooler

Review: Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case

Science & Technology News (26 January 2009)

Microsoft Ready with Near-final IE 8

Just Announced Hardware for January 26, 2009

"Start the week off with the latest Gaming & Hardware News over at COMBATSIM.COM!"

Chris Early canned?

Great. That means the PC is all but officially a dead platform for gaming.

I honestly feel that M$ is blowing it bad, as one of the few areas that have shown growth through this deepening recession is gaming.

I guess the consoles will take over the world before too long.

Or, just color me a pessimist...

I would certainly hate to see PC gaming go away. It seems the console manufacturers and game developers have pushed the market in that direction, what better excuse to make the final cut than an economic downturn? Flight simming won't be the same with a game controller.

I really don't care if the console becomes the defacto platform for flight sims. In fact, bring it on. Maybe then we'll see an evolution in console controllers so that we can actually play hi-fidelity flight sims on the dang things. But that may be asking for too much since the entire raison d'etre of the console is to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Blah! If we could just attach a QWERTY keyboard into a console, or find some other practical way to get all the various controls of our authentic sims programmed into a console-compatible HOTAS and rudder system, then I'm good. Otherwise, we'll be the charter members of the PC Gamers Historic Preservation Society. :D

Archived