COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 2008 v1.5-BETA1

description:

this is the BETA1 version of the upcoming v1.5 release.

- we are currently in need of beta-testers and mission makers.

download (~108 MB):

http://rapidshare.com/files/209565587/F22-2008-v15B1-setup.exe

mirror:

http://www.filesavr.com/f22-2008-v15b1-setup

One very important note:

If you intend to use the TrackIR patch, you must have the MS Visual C++ 2008 runtime package installed. The file can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Note that the TrackIR patch requires this version (the 32 bit, non SP1 version). If you already have runtime libraries for x64 and/or SP1, you still need this library. This library will work on x64 operating systems.

Recommended settings:

In addition to downloading the Visual C++ library above and enabling the TrackIR patch for your chosen renderer, here are my recommended settings for D3D and glide:

Glide:

Enable the \MODs\MFD.mod\improved_800x600 mod for a better screen update.

Enable the \MODs\Improved_Debris_Glide.mod\new mod

Enable the \MODs\NVG.mod\new_Beta mod for a brand new experience at night.

D3D:

Enable the \MODs\MFD.mod\improved_800x600 mod for a better screen update.

If you like, try the 1024x768 patch, but recognize its limitations. Then install the improved_1024x768 MFD mod in lieu of the 800x600 mod.

You're welcome to try the \MODs\NVG.mod\new_Beta mod for a brand new experience at night, but be aware that there are graphical anomalies when switching to "natural light" mode. Definitely give this one a go if you like wearing NVGs all the time at night.

Cool. :)

I've played a couple of missions without any issues, although I'm running with keyboard only at the moment. Wish I had more time to spend on this.

Tried the NVG mod. It certainly makes a big difference. Is that what NVG looks like in real life these days?

Tried the NVG mod. It certainly makes a big difference. Is that what NVG looks like in real life these days?

Real NVGs still have more of a green hue rather than the amber here, but this palette looks a lot more like the real thing when you have plenty of ambient light. The brights tend to saturate the image (sometimes making it look more amber than green) so what you see is more realistic than just a night image with a green tint.

So it's not perfect, but it's the best we can do without HDR lighting.