COMBATSIM Forum

web browsers...

I'd switch over to chrome, but I need the web developer extensions that only Firefox has.

Chrome is fast, and every tab runs a separate process, so if a website hangs, you can just kill that one tab and not the whole browser.

When Chrome gets around to allowing third-party mods, then I'll make the switch.

I'm sticking with Firefox. It's what I know and it does what I need it to do and it's better than Internet Explorer.

roger that!

and maybe I'm just paranoid -- but I wouldn't trust Chrome at all, I'm quite sure it is more or less spyware.

There are a lot of questions about Google Chrome and how it works and what it does... without the user's knowledge or consent.

but why live in doubt, I ask?

now, if they'd release it as open-source, then my view would change radically.

but dey w0nt -- because that'd mean exposing their little built-in data collecting mechanisms.

I have all but given up on Firefox. It was great, but it has become more and more of a problem running it. Constant lock ups. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times, and it always seems to fix it for a short period of time. I have even tried going back to older versions.

So now I am trying out IE8. So far, so good. Been using it for about a week or so. It seems to pull up webpages faster than FF. However I am not sure it really does or not due to FF being such a problem for me lately.

Personally I find that "Rumplestiltskin" has everything I need. It will even brew a great cup of coffee if I program it properly!

I have all but given up on Firefox. It was great, but it has become more and more of a problem running it. Constant lock ups. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times, and it always seems to fix it for a short period of time. I have even tried going back to older versions.

So now I am trying out IE8. So far, so good. Been using it for about a week or so. It seems to pull up webpages faster than FF. However I am not sure it really does or not due to FF being such a problem for me lately.

I rarely have a lock up with Firefox, maybe you have something running in the background that is conflicting with Firefox? My Firefox version number is 1.9.0.3334.

I rarely have a lock up with Firefox, maybe you have something running in the background that is conflicting with Firefox? My Firefox version number is 1.9.0.3334.

Tried shutting down everything less the anti-virus. Have tried multiple FF versions from 1-3+. It all started with 2.0 and went on from there. With add-ons and without. I think part of it is I use it so damn much everyday, and even though I constantly am cleaning out the cache, still gives me troubles.

So far so good on IE8. I like the "Compatibility View" option. Any site that doesn't like IE8, just hit the compat view button. Fixes it right up. If a webpage screws up, it will kill that window or tab, and not the others that you have opened. Also you can "Re-open Last Browsing Session". I also like the "Web Slices" you can add to the Favorites Bar.