COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 2008 v.1.5 BETA2

Spear

There are two simple ways to determine your exe.

The other means is to move the glide2x.dll file to another folder, then run F22 and fire up a mission. If you get a CTD with a message that says "ERROR: unable to enable Glide.", then you're using the Glide exe

I did this and was still able to run TAW. I don't know what I did wrong. I just copied the contents of the glide folder into F22 2008. Before I ran it I noted that all of the files from the glide folder were present. I guess I must have missed something.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this and was still able to run TAW. I don't know what I did wrong. I just copied the contents of the glide folder into F22 2008. Before I ran it I noted that all of the files from the glide folder were present. I guess I must have missed something.

If you have another glide wrapper installed that runs from a central location (zeckensack's comes to mind), this won't work, as TAW will still detect the other glide wrapper. In this case, what you might want to do is fire up the Take-off training mission, get into the air, and start firing AA missiles and LAU rockets. If the missiles appear blue and the rockets appear yellow, you're running D3D. If both smoke trails appear white, you're running glide.

If you have another glide wrapper installed that runs from a central location (zeckensack's comes to mind), this won't work, as TAW will still detect the other glide wrapper. In this case, what you might want to do is fire up the Take-off training mission, get into the air, and start firing AA missiles and LAU rockets. If the missiles appear blue and the rockets appear yellow, you're running D3D. If both smoke trails appear white, you're running glide.

I don't have any other wrappers installed that I'm aware of. The only other time I tried a wrapper was the first time that I installed F22 2008 (previous post) and I first encountered problems with the x45. I followed your instructions and the AA appears blue and the rockets are yellow so I'm definitely running D3D. That didn't surprise me since I had removed both of the glide .dll files from the F22 folder.

Obviously, I did something wrong although I don't know what. The procedure seemed simple enough; copy the contents of the Glide folder into F22 2008 folder and start the game. As hard as it is to believe, somehow I screwed that up.

Any suggestions?

I don't have any other wrappers installed that I'm aware of. The only other time I tried a wrapper was the first time that I installed F22 2008 (previous post) and I first encountered problems with the x45. I followed your instructions and the AA appears blue and the rockets are yellow so I'm definitely running D3D. That didn't surprise me since I had removed both of the glide .dll files from the F22 folder.

Obviously, I did something wrong although I don't know what. The procedure seemed simple enough; copy the contents of the Glide folder into F22 2008 folder and start the game. As hard as it is to believe, somehow I screwed that up.

Any suggestions?

I'm a big fan of the Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler (GME). You can drop the folder structures into the MODS folder, apply a name, and enable and disable at will. It allows mod stacking and keeps track of overwrites and dependencies. I use GME to manage my F-22 mods, as well as for configuration management of any fixes or upgrades I make.

I'm actually looking at setting up the next release to be plug-and-play compatible with GME, so all you need to do is download GME and drop it into your F-22 2008 folder to pick your mods.