COMBATSIM Forum

TAW 2.0 Known Issues and Bug Reports

Home Fries

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agoofin,

If you get it working with Linux, you will be a trailblazer. We haven't had any beta testers use Linux as a test platform. I can try to help you out based on my knowledge of the installer script, so please document everything that is said by the installer and the sequence it occurs. I'm especially interested to see what operating system the installer "recognizes", as well as whether the required codecs install properly.

As far as registration goes, the only step in the installer that involves registration is to input the code for the TAW Battle Commander (mission editor). I included a section in the installer that loads the serno.txt file (which provides the information you need to "register" TAWBC), followed by a batch file that runs TAWBC from its folder. I'm guessing that this is where things hang up, as the batch file uses DOS commands and relative folder addresses to navigate to the TAWBC folder. Not to worry; you can still load the serno.txt file from the pull-down menu in the Mission Editor tab, and run the mission editor from the same tab to input your registration codes. I just did things with the installer to force everything up front.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Eagle Flight,

This looks less like a texture issue and more like a corrupted texture mapping. Can you duplicate this error after rebooting your PC?

Okay, I can confirm the texture issue wasnt' to be found after restarting, neither when i flew to that area during custom combat.

Anyways, I've found a few more bugs with the "Good Bye!" AWACS mission in multiplayer (last one on the list)

So: while in the AWACS, trying to view the "Fuel System" display on the MDF's result in a crash

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: F22.DAT

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 364fede1

Fault Module Name: StackHash_45db

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000001e

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2055

Additional Information 1: 45db

Additional Information 2: 45db592db71b7c8761b380f893f934a7

Additional Information 3: 9d8e

Additional Information 4: 9d8e56a8d4191fe8d96de4fd358deef4

Further more, trying to start this same mission after a crash will result in this error:

Division Overflow at 0x4A5033

It is needed to start a mission with an F22 i believe in order to flush some cache...

Finally, respawning will sometimes take me to an airfield, sometimes to the "canyon chaos"-mission starting point...??

(On a side note:

I have a feeling the implemented respawn hack isn't fully implemented, and we might just need to alter a few more bytes in the mission files to get it working correctly. Any help from the creators of the currect Hack would be appreciated!!

hints:

- invisible planes of crashed MP-pilots after respawn

- an ACMI recording will not show the crashed pilot in the ACMI as long as there are still wingmen of that flight in the air.

even should a crashed pilot return to his wingmen and the 'recording area', ACMI doesn't capture the crashed pilot at all. In the case that there is only one pilot though, the ACMI will somehow reset and will show the pilot after a crash.

- The MP engine will keep track and display how a pilot died for example: "crashed into the ground", "was shot down" with the missions supporting pilots getting shot down and respawning. The converted respawn missions will just display "deceased" )

Aaanyways a further crash can be reported

First start the "canyon chaos" mission, exit it, then start the "good bye" mission ->

Crashing the AWACS the first time will result in respawn at the "canyon chaos" starting location - dive down into the ground again, and the game crashes.

Error code:

Problem signature:

Fault Module Name: F22.DAT

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 364fede1

Exception Offset: 001fc37d

Additional Information 1: ede3

Additional Information 2: ede3aab85960f08cac071aca08d90d00

Additional Information 3: 7b8f

Additional Information 4: 7b8f21ffd85e2a5f695ff321816ae38f

Furthermore another crash:

first trying the 2nd Head vs Head MP mission, (seaside slaughter) then again the awacs mission.

This time, crashing for the first time resulted in TAW crashing completly, without respawing at all.

Problem signature:

Fault Module Name: USP10.dll

Fault Module Version: 1.626.7600.16385

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb32

Exception Offset: 000572c0

Additional Information 1: 3483

Additional Information 2: 3483ee7121a16207a249322c091b709d

Additional Information 3: 7c9e

Additional Information 4: 7c9e1975bdbeb908c1e42f5a6ff27ee8

a second error dialog appears at the same time from F22 TAW

Program fault at 0x58CB38, cleanup and exiting!

00000002 00092FF0 0058CB38 00210202

000932F0 00000000 000930F0 06AF9AF5 06AF9AF5 0F16C380

0000002B 0000002B 00000053 0000002B 00000023 0000002B

[OK]

I believe there is more to be found out about the respawn hack. As there may be to flying non-standard planes as the AWACS.

Any insight on this matter from anyone?

Cheers Eagle_Flight.

Oh and btw, me and wombat are up for a mission in about 1 and a half hours. Anybody who has some time is welcome to join us!

• 1 month later...

Another bug I believe:

While flying over Saudi Arabia, I noticed 2 airports called: 320 disperal and 240 disperal - Are they really named like that, or is that a broken link of some sort?

bug screeny:

http://img827.imageshack.us/i/240320disperalbug.png/

location on map:

http://img852.imageshack.us/i/240320disperalbuglocati.png/

EDIT// okay it seems that when calling the tower, it gets named 240 RIYADH and 320 RIYADH or RIYADH MILITARY so i guess this isn't a bug..

Alrighty I think I got another issue - I would need some clarification in this matter:

Okay so I'm testing the Multiplay mission 'Battle for the Isle', I have the top skin selected in the options, and I restart the mission while testing all teams RED BLUE GREEN and YELLOW.

With the current version of TAW 2.0 the result is: with no matter which team I select, I will always have the skin from slot 1.

Doing exactly the same thing in the original TAW would result different camos. Team RED and BLUE getting the normal slot 1 grey asymmetrical camo skin with black tail marks. Team GREEN would have a sort of desert camo and team YELLOW would have a symmetrical grey camo. GREEN and YELLOW would have yellowish tail marks.

Checking the .MDL for the kots6 mission will show:

TEAM RED USA

TEAM BLUE UK

TEAM GREEN EGYPT

TEAM YELLOW SAUDI

So the nationalities I believe should reflect what is supposed to happen. But the game isn't grabbing the egyptian or the saudi skins - it will use the top skin which has been selected in the options menu. I have selected 4 different skins in the launcher so this isn't an issue..

Now the weird part:

Okay so we repeat the process with the bottom skin selected

original version of TAW: 4x the same YF-22 skin pattern with red tail marks.

current version TAW 2.0: the skins I selected in the launcher

NOW my question: why did the game used to override all planes when skin nr 2 (YF-22) was selected, and why is it now that the selecting skin nr 1 will override all planes???

• 1 month later...

Are weather-related crashes a known issue, or is it just my setup?

I seem to get a heavily increased crash rate when using weather, particularly Variable Layers. The game crashes in suspected manner immediately upon starting a mission (usually in single missions). Usually it will turn into a window in the corner of the desktop, requiring manual process termination. It can happen after a mission or two working perfectly.

The reason I'm suspecting weather is that this never happened with default weather, and never happened the last time I played (when there was no weather yet).

The problem may be with the variable layers themselves. This is especially true if it happens the second or third time. I've run across a few anomalies in TAW clouds when they don't match the weather at 1000.

If you have the patience, would you please keep track of what times of day (in game) that you fly. I would like to know what times work, what times don't, and what times preceded the crash. That could go a long way in decoding these issues.

Thanks Tigershark. My gaming rig is still down, so I need all the help I can get.

So, Variable Layers (and Variable Overcast) depend on the time of day, not on a randomizer? I see. I'll try turning them back on and logging the times when crashes occur.

BTW, no known way to curtail campaign crashes? It's when you spontaneously crash in the middle of a mission, and if you start it again, you crash again. (But not if you go AWACS, or even just do a completely different mission, and this one later).

Campaign crashes could be just about anything. Please note what type of mission you are flying, where the crash is (in game geographically), and also what you are doing, what weapon/system you are using, and what you are doing it against. Finally, which campaign are you running.

You're right; variable is not random. It's a pattern I put in to have more clouds at morning and night, with burn-off during the day.

Campaign crashes could be just about anything. Please note what type of mission you are flying, where the crash is (in game geographically), and also what you are doing, what weapon/system you are using, and what you are doing it against. Finally, which campaign are you running.

It's the first campaign, Highland. For the third time it's the one I have to leave unfinished due to what seems to be a disproportionate crash frequency. A highly consistent black screen crash currently occurs (in this campaign at this point) soon after taking off from Akordat, no matter what I do (fighting, cruising, autopilot, shift-T).

I think I'll just upload a save at this point:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29618593/pil5.ZIP

Take the short route two-star CAP mission from Akordat and there it is.

I tried that mission but didn't get any crash.

For the record, I'm running TAW2.15 Glide version right now on Vista64.

If I get time, I'll try other configurations....

What does your f22.$$$ file say? This should be located in your C:\ folder.

Program fault at 0x205453, cleanup up and exiting!

00631A98 0006FC00 00000000 00000000

0A0E0001 41452048 54554F53 20474E49 44414548 00A2D050

00000000 00000000 0000003B 00000000 0000001B 00000023

version 5.191 by  on Nov 16 1998

I'm running 2.16a+hotfix with D3D 1024x768 (trackir, widescreen), on XP 32-bit.

Just checked, it doesn't crash with glide. Crash is still very consistent with any DX version.

Eagle's new "Pinpoint Precission - Prequel (8)" mission produced this error message;

Ref:

"Eagle_Flight"

: http://www.box.net/shared/06jx3olil2

----------------------

Program fault at 0x489E2A, cleanup up and exiting!

00000616 0006F97C 00489E2A 00250202

0C486642 0C390030 0006F988 00015604 00002F8D 40490000

00000023 00000023 0000003B 00000000 0000001B 00000023

version 5.191 by on Nov 16 1998

-------------------------------------------

Eagle's new "Pinpoint Precission - Prequel (8)" mission produced this error message;

Ref:

"Eagle_Flight"

: http://www.box.net/shared/06jx3olil2

----------------------

Program fault at 0x489E2A, cleanup up and exiting!

00000616 0006F97C 00489E2A 00250202

0C486642 0C390030 0006F988 00015604 00002F8D 40490000

00000023 00000023 0000003B 00000000 0000001B 00000023

version 5.191 by on Nov 16 1998

-------------------------------------------

Yeah, just to clarify, I will shortly document:

I (LEAD) had landed, come to a full stop, then started moving off the run-way.

Hawkx (TWO) was coming in for landing. As I was moving off the runway. Suddenly it showed 'Hawkx left the game' From what I understood, he crashed after touching down, while coming to a halt.

I also didn't get the 'Mission Objectives Completed' - even though checking the objectives after landing confirmed all was completed, with 'You must be alive' left with a yellow bar, unchecked.

Closing up the mission, it showed 'Mission Successful' in the debriefing.

/edit in red

Edited by Eagle_Flight

Yeah, just to clarify, I will shortly document:

I (LEAD) had landed, come to a full stop, then started moving off the taxi-way.

Hawkx (TWO) was coming in for landing. As I was moving off the runway. Suddenly it showed 'Hawkx left the game' From what I understood, he crashed after touching down, while coming to a halt.

To clarify;

Hawkx (#2) landed successfully to a full stop. :thumbsup:

Without warning,, my screen went black & then CTD with only the above "Error message"

suffern suckatash

The Hawkx'ster,, never crashes his landings! :angry:

Edited by Hawkx

To clarify;

Hawkx (#2) landed successfully to a full stop. :thumbsup:

Without warning,, my screen went black & then CTD with only the above "Error message"

suffern suckatash

The Hawkx'ster,, never crashes his landings! :angry:

Copy. (also mind the short edit in my prev. post)

It didn't crash for me.

Maybe just a random crash??

• 2 weeks later...

I have a weird bug..

On a clean install, TAW2 runs like a dream. I started a campaign -strike force- and if I view the pilot log while in the campaign I have currently racked up over 6000 points,

but if I view the pilot log on the campaigns list menu then I have no points..

Any idea's how to overcome this? (or am I doomed to play the low rank campaigns?)

TAW2.jpg

Hi Rat,

Your overall pilot score is not updated until the campaign is completed. If successful, all of your points will be transferred to your pilot record (along with stars). If you lose the campaign, only a portion of the points and stars will transfer over.

Hi Rat,

Your overall pilot score is not updated until the campaign is completed. If successful, all of your points will be transferred to your pilot record (along with stars). If you lose the campaign, only a portion of the points and stars will transfer over.

Thanks HF :thumbsup: I musta missed that somewhere in the documentation.

I just came across another thing though, I get a CTD with an error message when I hit "take off" for scramble missions.

• 1 month later...

Not a bug with F22 per se, but:

I have a dialup internet connection, and have tried both Flashget and Getright to download the 220_install file from gamefront.

This should be manageable, from past experience with other download sites, over a period of two or three overnight download sessions, with a user-selected "pause" in between -- even at a dialup rate of 11 MB/hour.

But -- it appears that gamefront doesn't permit paused or interrupted downloads -- or I've missed a crucial point somewhere...

Help ?!?

Ian Hawboldt

Not a bug with F22 per se, but:

I have a dialup internet connection at a dialup rate of 11 MB/hour.

Help ?!?

Ian Hawboldt

Ian Hawboldt

A dialup rate of 11 MB/hour?

syltweety.jpg

Help ? No kidding.

Step-up pal, you will need more speed.

it's worth it.