COMBATSIM Forum

TAW 2.0 Known Issues and Bug Reports

Home Fries

Not a bug with F22 per se, but:

I have a dialup internet connection, and have tried both Flashget and Getright to download the 220_install file from gamefront.

This should be manageable, from past experience with other download sites, over a period of two or three overnight download sessions, with a user-selected "pause" in between -- even at a dialup rate of 11 MB/hour.

But -- it appears that gamefront doesn't permit paused or interrupted downloads -- or I've missed a crucial point somewhere...

Help ?!?

Ian Hawboldt

Ian,

If I were to split the EXE into smaller pieces and upload them to another server, what size piece would you consider manageable? I cannot guarantee that the server will support resuming.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi H.F.:

Chunks of 100MB are perfectly manageable with Flashget -- that would be about the same size as the Norton AV full updates, which I can get in 10 or 11 hours overnight.

Thanks in advance for any help -- obviously no rush -- the last time I played F22 was F22-ADF, the free Intel giveaway with a Logitech Wingman for Windows 95 (or was it 98?) !!!

Speed is good -- patience is better !! (I think.....)

Thanks,

Ian Hawboldt

Hi H.F.

Packed tight and tied tight. I would have posted the final outcome earlier, but we had a blast of a lightning storm Weds night over Halifax/Dartmouth, and the phone line were n-o-i-s-y.....

Anyway, got the entire 220 & 220a patch -- spliced -- unpacked -- installed -- IT FLIES!

Putting up a second copy for those of us who are "connective retentive" was really above and beyond.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Now the work begins -- reading, practicing, configuring -- all I could remember from ADF was that "[" & "]" spool up the engines -- good grief how embarrassing!

Off and away for now,

Ian Hawboldt

Ian,

Glad to hear it's working for you. Just so you know, if you are interested in downloading the HD video, there is an option to download it in two parts (90Mb and 70Mb). It's the bottom link on the HD download option that has the word "sharekey". The 720x410 video is only 30Mb.

Thanks, HH and Hawkx,

It may be a while before I'm "outta missiles..." online -- really need to get a few more Mbps. If online flying was even possible with a modem, I would probably feel like I was in a Nieuport 11 with a LeRhone rotary (sorry -- I'm an old RB3D fan as well...) :blush:

IanH.

Thanks, HH and Hawkx,

It may be a while before I'm "outta missiles..." online -- really need to get a few more Mbps. If online flying was even possible with a modem, I would probably feel like I was in a Nieuport 11 with a LeRhone rotary (sorry -- I'm an old RB3D fan as well...) :blush:

IanH.

Remember this sim was designed in 1996 to run on Win 95.

We made 56k modems work. we just used "keyboard 5" to online text chat.

5who-me.gif

When you want to try a short online test,, Check TS3.

I made a topic "I'm on TS3 now."

"No missiles...necessary."

Edited by Hawkx

Oooops ..... after installing 2.20/2.20a :(

errormessage.jpg

EDIT: I've got it working. Its the old story when adding my GME Mods. Any new version of TAW2.0 doesn't accept a straight replacement of the files/folders.

Once I've made some of the changes manually (text editing) its fine.

Example:

The Weather/Sun & Moon mods never works for me using the Launcher. I have to text edit them in the lev folder files.

I can't change the Moon distance with the Launcher but I can in the lev folder file.

I don't mind doing this as I can see the direct success of the change.

But that's a bind I've always had with Windows: its involved with how rather than why.

Did you run the launcher after installing, or did you try to run TAW from the _f22.exe?

If the latter, run the former.

I used the former as it required the .exe setup.

My posts sound as though I'm being critical ...... I'm not ........ its just that I'm stupid. :P:lol:

By the by here's my moon setsun figures

bogus 50 270 -90

Oooops ..... after installing 2.20/2.20a

errormessage.jpg

bogus 50 270 -90

I guess this is off topic

I don't fix your problems with the sim.

I just hate waist. :ph43r:

Now, an other example of MS Paint.

Cut all that white stuff.

wombaterror.jpg

OH well,, you have to fix the sim

Do your thing,,, what ever works for you. :popcornsmilie:

Ref:

battie2.jpg

:lol::thumbsup:

Thanks for your works with the maps & times.

Maps? I don't use Microsoft Excel. :nuke:

Would you please use "Adobe Acrobat Reader" format?

I used the former as it required the .exe setup.

My posts sound as though I'm being critical ...... I'm not ........ its just that I'm stupid. :P:lol:

bogus 50 270 -90

No harm, no foul. I don't mind criticism. What I can't stand is people sitting on bugs thinking I'll take offense.

Bottom line: you're going to need to start using the Sun/Moon editor rather than depending on modded LEV files. If the values get reset in the editor, it's because I made a change to the lev files themselves, in which case if you use a "straight" modded version you'll likely get an error anyway.

Just remember: if you want to use the edited sun settings, you must select a custom weather. This is to protect your source files. If you don't want "custom" weather, then just select Scattered Clouds.

No harm, no foul. I don't mind criticism. What I can't stand is people sitting on bugs thinking I'll take offense.

Do you mind a big pat on the back? :thumbsup:

thumbnail.jpg

You do good work. I like your standerd moon.

Sorry Battie.

crygirl.jpg

HF's

"You're going to need to start using the Sun/Moon editor.

If you want to use the edited moon/sun settings, you must select a custom weather."

Edited by Hawkx

Bottom line: you're going to need to start using the Sun/Moon editor rather than depending on modded LEV files. If the values get reset in the editor, it's because I made a change to the lev files themselves, in which case if you use a "straight" modded version you'll likely get an error anyway.

Just remember: if you want to use the edited sun settings, you must select a custom weather. This is to protect your source files. If you don't want "custom" weather, then just select Scattered Clouds.

Yes ..... thanks for that. You can rest assured I'll be sitting on nothing. Here, TS3, Raptr, anywhere. I never wish to give offense. God knows how we all appreciate what we are all doing here. I will have to use the tweaking, installing tools developed by HF and stop doing it other ways. (Eg. Opening TAW from outside the Launcher.) I will make all new adjustments using the tools provided as part of beta test the tools and report back accordingly. Just remember all my input is meant to be constructive, even though with my unfortunate style of expressing my self doesn't always infer that. :icon_bow:

Well here goes:

I find the Launcher, with all it options, confusing to use. :sofa1:

But before I launch it what I mean let me study it further. Let me start using it in earnest.

How's that for ducking for cover ....... but I'll be back. :lol:

Yes ..... thanks for that. You can rest assured I'll be sitting on nothing. Here, TS3, Raptr, anywhere. I never wish to give offense. God knows how we all appreciate what we are all doing here. I will have to use the tweaking, installing tools developed by HF and stop doing it other ways. (Eg. Opening TAW from outside the Launcher.) I will make all new adjustments using the tools provided as part of beta test the tools and report back accordingly. Just remember all my input is meant to be constructive, even though with my unfortunate style of expressing my self doesn't always infer that. :icon_bow:

Well here goes:

I find the Launcher, with all it options, confusing to use. :sofa1:

But before I launch it what I mean let me study it further. Let me start using it in earnest.

How's that for ducking for cover ....... but I'll be back. :lol:

Launcher 1

MoonsizeinLauncher.jpg

Launcher 2

IMHO you should say this at the Sun/Moon modding launcher window. I know RTFM :rolleyes: but hopefully not every time I make a change. We need a reminder at the window.

Edit: An aside ...... I've just turned on the EF2000 theme music ........ Gees what a buzz!! Brings tears to my eyes .... :icon_rock:

IMHO you should say this at the Sun/Moon modding launcher window. I know RTFM :rolleyes: but hopefully not every time I make a change. We need a reminder at the window.

Good idea, Wombat. Since I'm now too close to the software, this is exactly the type of feedback I love to get from you!

Also, the moon size has been disabled because tweaking that messes with the placement of constellations. Despite my protestations to the contrary, a straight up mod of the fx_13.tm file is the best way to resize the moon.