Saturday Greetings

Donster

~Yawn~ Didn't get home until 0030, woke up at 0700, went to Lowe's Home Improvement and purchased some granular insecticide, the ants and pretty soon the grubs are tearing up my lawn. We went to the Nationwide race yesterday, got to see the Sprint Cup teams practice, ate lunch, watched the Nationwide qualifying runs, then the Sprint Cup qualifying runs, then sat in the rain. Fortunately, the rain was not heavy and stopped after 15-20 minutes. The opening ceremony was great, we pledged allegiance to the flag, said a prayer, and the great Charlie Daniels lead us in singing the national anthem! The fly-by was a Boeing KC-135 followed by our local warbug, a North American T-28 Trojan. :)

It was typical racing in Richmond with an early caution for a car into the wall at turn 2, then a couple more cars into the turn 2 wall, then one in turn 3 followed by a couple of debris cautions and the final caution occurred late in the race on the back straight away. It was a fun day and, thankfully, the weatherman got the forecast wrong, but in a good way. Don't forget, you can see the Sprint Cup race tonight on FOX. :)

Oh, and the Richard Petty Motorsports car tonight is butt-ugly. Gone is the Petty Blue, it's been replaced by an ugly mocha and white scheme. I guess this is to be expected since Richard sold Petty Enterprises last year and is now only part owner in his business. I fear that he is leaving the sport. Dale Earnhardt Incorporated is down to just one team, they may fold. This economy is simply not supporting these events, there were a number of Natiowide and Sprint Cup cars sporting plain white paint jobs, no sponsors. Only 45 Sprint teams showed up to qualify for 43 slots. Ticket prices have dropped, as of last night there were still tickets available for the Cup race and there were individuals walking around trying to sell their tickets. :(

Was a pretty fair race, Stans. Glad you got to stick around to watch a little NASCAR fun. You'll have to make a good try at getting down here for a Daytona Race, there ain't nothing like being at the home of NASCAR for a race! I was real happy for the race last night, seeing how both of my drivers from the same team are now in the top ten in points, Tony Stewart, who's in third, and Ryan Newman, who jumped 3 places to 10th.

The Stewart-Haas Racing group is really starting to perform, I expect we will soon see wins coming from both Tony and Ryan. Stewart's attitude seems to be a lot better now that he is his own owner.

Evening all from the future

So, how's the future looking, Red? Anything I should be concerned about?

Looking out my window today i see clear sky's and sunshine so thats a nope on the worry front Whiz