NASCAR hands out a suspension

Stans

Doesn't surprise me. Where there's money there's drugs. My daughter's husband who's a fine carpenter and makes about $60000yr just beat her up and gave her third degree burns this week while doing crack. We hardly recognized her when she came to the house. Drugs are this countries penalty for the excesses we have harbored and the moral depravities we allow. I firmly believe that God allows this as we snub our nose at Him.

The other pro sports like MLB, the NFL, the NBA, are lame as hell on drug enforcement compared to NASCAR. They MIGHT give you a chance after a season ending suspension, but they also might just ban you for life. Getting banned from any NASCAR sanctioned even covers a lot of ground, too. They have one hell of a lot of events they sanction. And the reason why they can be so tough? Simple, NASCAR is a monopoly, has no shares outside the family, and under no circumstances will they allow a union to be formed.

Boats, who really likes it that way...

I agree, I think NASCAR handles the drug issue very well. They have a zero tolerance policy and they actually mean it. If a driver or crew member tests positive for a controlled substance that was not prescribed by a doctor, then they are out. No appeals, no staying in the game while someone considers the implications, no warnings and repeated failed tests. I'm pretty sure that if the positive test result was tied to a doctor's prescription or poppy seed muffins, NASCAR would understand and not suspend. Mayfield is now claiming that his positive result is from a combination of a prescription medication and an over the counter product. I guess we'll see if NASCAR decides to investigate further or if they found something like THC with the test.

And all the drivers know that if they are on prescription meds or over the counter stuff, they HAVE to tell NASCAR. No excuses, no whining, take your car and get the hell out of Dodge. The rest of the thu...atheletes like Manny Ramirez and A Rod wouldn't last 5 minutes in NASCAR. ALL drivers and team members have to line up at the start of the season and fill a cup. Four drivers and a number of team members have to line up after every race, no excuses. NASCAR is brutal about it's rules and it's desire to keep it's racing series a family sport. They don't condone drugs or off the track stupidity. When was the last time you ever heard of a top tier driver getting caught with drugs and guns? I'll tell you, NEVER.

Boats, who'll be a NASCAR fan till he's too old to go to races or watch it on TV, and urges anyone within a 3 hour drive of a track to just try once; When you hear 32,000 horsepower with no mufflers going by you at the speed of heat you'll be a fan forever! :woohoo::beer: